Does anyone know anything about radio controlled watches?

Does anyone know anything about radio controlled watches, and if so can you educate me please.

I have googled because I didn't know a thing about them, but all I have been able to find out is they are accurate because they pick up radio signals. I don't know anything else.

How are they powered, how do I know whether one is working or not? Are they a valueable item?

I have found one that was my Dad's and I didn't even know you could get a radio controlled one, I do apologise if my questions are silly ones but I just haven't a clue what I have got.

Any information would be most appreciated. Thank you.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

You know how, every time the Clocks go forward or back, you've got to remember to alter every clock or watch you own; well I owned a Vauxhall Corsa for quite a few years. Every time the clocks altered, the clock in the Corsa changed itself; because it was radio controlled. All the clocks in the other Cars, which were far more expensive, had to be altered by hand..........I never undersood why they all didn't have radio controlled clocks in them.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Many thanks for all help, links and information.

I am begining to understand the watch. I have just got to work out how it is powered, and whether it will or is working, thank you.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

All radio controlled watches are powered by a battery & a microchip.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Unless, of course, it's Solar powered........but I think that is unlikely ( you'd see the small solar cell in the face, in any case ).

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent