A bit of snow?

We get a bit of snow and the country grinds to a halt?

Countries that get loads of snow must be laughing their socks off at the way the UK behaves when an inch of snow falls?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 41
See Most Recent
40 REPLIES 40

A bit of snow?

I don't think it is just snow, it is the infrequency of it that causes the disruption, no-one plans for it.  We just don't have time to get used to it and therefore all our equipment and training is not geared up for it. If we were a country that had to live with it for many months of the year then we would handle it in a far better and safe way.

I love the snow but it can cause problems because the facilities to deal with it are not always in place when we need it.

Driving too, not enough tuition in the driving test to learn how to deal with it.

That goes for the extreme temperatures to, one minute it is freezing the next warm, we just don't have time to get accustomed to one or the other. xx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 2 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

Looking at lots of news sites I constantly see "The Big Freeze". Big freeze? What big freeze? OK, it's been cold for a few days and freezing at night but where's the big freeze?

We don't get prolonged periods of freezing weather now, not like we've had in the past so I wish those in "the media" would stop concentrating on trivial things.

Is it that lots of those involved in aspects of the media are quite young with little or no experience of the big, wide, wonderful world?

Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

Come off it CD at least it is a break from the constant Brexit stirring 😇
Message 4 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

I think it's here.Woman LOL

The roads are lethal, icy underneath snow and still snowing.

Message 5 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

Ah yes, more trivia?

Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

Edit to OP

The way ENGLAND behaves  big-smile2-smiley.gif

Message 7 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

The Rome area is suffering in much the sameway as parts of the UK - traffic chaos, flights cancelled and schools closed - they’ve had even less snow than we have.

Message 8 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

The famous 'snow line' that seperates Canada from USA has moved south by over 200 miles in the last 25 years.

This means that the likes of Washington DC and New York are now experiencing weather that has never before happened.

Blizzards, overnight snowfall of over 4 feet, artic temperatures, etc.

If we where not protected by the Gulf Stream we would be experiencing exactly the same weather.

What happened to global warming?  I went out and purchased a pair of budgie smugglers specially.

Message 9 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

Now this is what You call snow

At my front Door, there are two steps under this lot, down onto path

20180301_055202.jpg

Message 10 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

Can't make top nor tail of that pic Al.

Just been to the door and got covered in snow, the wind's blowing strongly.

As I came in I saw three blokes fighting the wind and snow coming up the (steep) hill on the lane out here. I wondered what they were doing out in such conditions and eventually they went in to the pub. They're gonna have fun getting back home? With the drifting snow there'll be no taxis so after having a few they'll have great fun getting back down the hill?

Live long and prosper.

Message 11 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

Looks like the snow's driven all the RT posters away or are they huddled round a heater of some sort trying to keep warm?

Live long and prosper.

Message 12 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

Still here CeeDee! Bedding down for the night. South Wales is expecting 30cms of snow overnight.😯My cat can't figure out why she can't see her patio...the snow is up over the cat flap! I opened the door and she was confronted with a wall of snow..she was totally flummoxed! Be interesting to see what the morning will bring!

Message 13 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

The wind's blowing the snow here, the ground's bare in places, no snow on some roofs, others are well covered.

Live long and prosper.

Message 14 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

CD

For some reason ebay rotated the pic, 90degrees anti-clockwise

The dark bit is the hall carpet

Message 15 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

Makes more sense now Al.

Of course, you know what's coming after the snow? The "F" word...... = flooding!

I've been out and shifted over a foot of snow from in front of my garage door, couldn't open it!

I live on a hill so if I get flooded there's no hope for the rest of ya laughing

Live long and prosper.

Message 16 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

A bit of snow?

I think it is more than a bit now CD, just taken the mutt out for a walk and she disappeared lol xx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 17 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

There's a lot of snow here now but nothing like they get in North America. In one storm they had over four feet of snow (on the level). When I posted the thread we'd had very little and they were going on about a big freeze as if it had been going on for months.

Since then it's been drifting. They should have been better prepared for it as they've been waffling on about it for a fortnight now.

I'd be a bit concerned if it was the beginning of December but it's the beginning of March so it won't be here that long now.

Live long and prosper.

Message 18 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

I've just looked out, (got a face full of snow) there's a foot of snow at the bottom of my steps and it looks like another foot of snow outside my garage door. I cleared them both this morning and now it's back again.

Live long and prosper.

Message 19 of 41
See Most Recent

A bit of snow?

It looks like we're having what the old folks used to call "a Cold Thaw".

It's cold outside but the snow's melting quietly away. The road here is clear but the lane down from my house is a bit treacherous so I ain't going down there today. I've been as far as my garage and cleared the snow from there and that's as far as I'm going today.

Live long and prosper.

Message 20 of 41
See Most Recent