DO YOU HAVE A BOOK QUESTION?

Hi all, pippy_oak here, posting under my brand new user name. Hopefully, Richard will pin this thread, as it seems a nice tidy place to pose specific questions about a book (Is it a 1st edition, what's it worth, where to find it etc. etc.) Don't just come here with a question. If you think you have the answer, then let's hear it.

Or we could just mooch around and learn a few things.

Cheers

Paul

Message 1 of 1,680
See Most Recent
1,679 REPLIES 1,679

I am the seller.

:-)

. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Whomever you may murder, there's no police like Holmes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Whomever you may murder, there's no police like Holmes.
Σ Ψ Δ
σ ψ δ
Message 121 of 1,680
See Most Recent

147victoria
I think that Sig is the seller, or have I had too much red wine again.
Message 122 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Wow.

So many my counter is going to melt its bearings.

Feels a bit like a bus queue going through your sock drawer.

. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Whomever you may murder, there's no police like Holmes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Whomever you may murder, there's no police like Holmes.
Σ Ψ Δ
σ ψ δ
Message 123 of 1,680
See Most Recent

147victoria
Whatever tickles your fancy 😉

Least I fessed up, don't want to lurk no more.
Message 124 of 1,680
See Most Recent

I'm just hoping someone in that queue can darn.

Σ Ψ Δ
σ ψ δ
Message 125 of 1,680
See Most Recent

147victoria
Visit your local launderette, they usually have hundreds of odd socks, I am sure you could match yours up.

Unless you only have one leg and then you could re-stock.
Message 126 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Real name - Jake the Peg.

Have a real problem buying socks.

And shoes! Impossible.

:-p

Σ Ψ Δ
σ ψ δ
Message 127 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Sorry, Steve, I was reading between the lines! I'd got it into my head that His Lordship had seen one in the listings, and you were referring to that. I have now re-read the thread, properly!

I'll go and have a look and then I'll watch.

"Write your Life Story and Publish it" .....

"Longdon Green, Farewell"....

"Use Google's Picasa for a Kindle, e-book, cover picture." ... on Hub Pages

Use quotation marks when searching.
Message 128 of 1,680
See Most Recent

147victoria
Yeah but Christmas present socks last twice as long!
Message 129 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Scarce and elusive (not the socks - or maybe so!). I like that. 😄 Did you watch your watchers go up?

I'm being dim, because I don't understand the allusion to darning.

"Write your Life Story and Publish it" .....

"Longdon Green, Farewell"....

"Use Google's Picasa for a Kindle, e-book, cover picture." ... on Hub Pages

Use quotation marks when searching.
Message 130 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Never did get socks at Xristmas.

And nowadays I get two cards.

Matter of fact, they're both still in their envelopes where I keep my Royal Mail tariff.

Not much one for cards.

I prefer trees. Even the 'renewable' kind.

Σ Ψ Δ
σ ψ δ
Message 131 of 1,680
See Most Recent

147victoria
I struggle to get trees into the envelopes.

when I send one to my relatives in Appledore & Westward Ho, I will ask them to wave to you.
Message 132 of 1,680
See Most Recent

There's a hill between me and Westward Ho! I hate that bit when I bike over there.

And Appledore is over the same hill but in a slightly different direction.

They're both about 2 miles away.

Do you know that narrow country lane that runs between the two? Many don't.

Σ Ψ Δ
σ ψ δ
Message 133 of 1,680
See Most Recent

147victoria
I usually get very lost down there and have to drive for miles to try and turn around.
Since my car fell down a cattle grid, I am very wary of using peoples driveways in the countryside.:_|

Was a bit tricky trying to explain that one to my OH
Message 134 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Next time you visit give me a shout - I'll look out for the Land Rover.

There's a bloke down here driving around in a Hybrid Land Rover - not sure what it means. Looks like a standard short wheelbase model to me.

Σ Ψ Δ
σ ψ δ
Message 135 of 1,680
See Most Recent

147victoria
Just watch out for the car with wheels down the cattle grid! And i'm not even blonde.
Message 136 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Sorry, mixing you up with Mugz.

Σ Ψ Δ
σ ψ δ
Message 137 of 1,680
See Most Recent

147victoria
Don't think I could get my OH to do as much as Mr Mugz, though seliing the family on e-bay sounds ok.

Bet they would get returned and I would be left with bad feedback.
Message 138 of 1,680
See Most Recent

There! You've got a bid.

Now can you come and do the same for some of the carp I've got sitting around here.

Message 139 of 1,680
See Most Recent

You don't seem to have anything listed at the moment.

I'll keep my eyes open.

Σ Ψ Δ
σ ψ δ
Message 140 of 1,680
See Most Recent