Does anyone look at this board anymore?

Just checking whether it's worth posting.

Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

YES lots of us

Message 2 of 22
See Most Recent

I do.  I check regularly for new posts.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 3 of 22
See Most Recent

Certainly the newer sellers and buyers don't look at  the Books Board, unless they chance upon it.

Hiding it under "ebay cafe" is not the most sensible place to stick it, unless you're looking for

a skinny latte!

Message 4 of 22
See Most Recent

I look in about once per month to see if anything's new.  I agree with Rodders; newcomers, be they sellers, buyers or just booklovers, like me, will never find the Books Board or even know there is one.

"Write your Life Story and Publish it" .....

"Longdon Green, Farewell"....

"Use Google's Picasa for a Kindle, e-book, cover picture." ... on Hub Pages

Use quotation marks when searching.
Message 5 of 22
See Most Recent

Goodness, I remember when this board was first set up,

I was trading under a different name then, but remember Mrs Bee, Manorhouse Books, Margaret and Blackberry Rum - we used to 'speak' daily. 

I have been trying to find the board awhile, anyone still here from the days when it was 'all fields round 'ere' 

Message 6 of 22
See Most Recent

I'm still here but I think this boards given up the ghost.

Message 7 of 22
See Most Recent

Sadly I think the old Books Board has died, is dead, has ceased to be, is no more, has gone to meet it's maker.

Farewell old friend.

Requiescat in Pace

Message 8 of 22
See Most Recent

What a shame, I was hoping lovely Mrs Bee would still be around - I was madison4040 if anyone recalls that name. It's changed a lot around here. I remember there were so many discussion boards and they were very fastmoving. Ah well.

Message 9 of 22
See Most Recent

Hi Madison, I'm still here but I think the Books Board isn't. 😞

Yes, those were great times when the Board first started and for several years after.  I remember you saying how much you enjoyed reading a book and then selling it on for a small amount.

Somewhere in my files I've saved a copy of the ridiculous 'story' we all wrote.  Maybe I'll look it out and try to post it.

Message 10 of 22
See Most Recent

Mrs Bee! How lovely you replied. I remember you were so kind to me when I was panicking about moving house, my partner wouldn't take time off and my baby was only 18 months old (she's now 13 and he's the ex!) you offered to come and help me.

I remember having a rare cook book and the whole board watched the auction in excitement and cheered me on when it sold for the princely sum of £25 grinning

The company on the book board really helped during the sometimes lonely days of being an at home mum with a baby, I felt like I had colleagues with my ebay sideline and you guys. I really hope you are well? 

Message 11 of 22
See Most Recent

Ah, bless your cotton socks, I'd competely forgotten your house-move dilemma.  I'm well, but getting old rather faster than I expected.

I'm still buying lots of books and don't know what to do with the mounting piles of ones which I have read.  I don't whether to give them away, dump them on a charity or try to sell them in bundles.

Message 12 of 22
See Most Recent

I just looked at these boards for the 1st time in many moons hi to any other vistors.

Message 13 of 22
See Most Recent

Sadly, I think it's partly due to the declining interest in books generally.

A cynic's view - Give a book to a youngster and they are turning it over looking for the 'On' button

Message 14 of 22
See Most Recent

It's two years since you posted, Exquisite, but I was thinking yesterday how many friends I made on the old Ebay discussion boards so thought I'd look to see if they are still about ... and they are!! 

Message 15 of 22
See Most Recent

Yes blackberry, I pop in from time to time but not much happening.

Earlier postings mentioned book reading was in decline.

I have it on good authority that the kindle has run it's course, and book buying is very much alive again.

Ok, it may be books like "50 Shades of Grey", but at least the pages are getting turned.

I'm thinking of writing one myself called "Where were you in the Brexit debate Daddy"!

roddersbooks

Message 16 of 22
See Most Recent

Oh my goodness - Blackers!! I remember you, I was Madison4040 then with a young baby (now nearly 15) I used to enjoy chatting with you all so much. Hope you're well x

Message 17 of 22
See Most Recent

I now have an 11 year old great granddaughter called Madison.

Message 18 of 22
See Most Recent

Hello, I'm just popping in because I  love books. I did have a brief foray in here some time back when I chatted with Mrs Bee about second hand books being sold from libraries but not been back since.

What do you lot talk about here? Do you discuss books you;ve read? If so can I read some of your reviews?

******************************************************************************************