Screen Layout Suddenly Changed

scotavia
Conversationalist

Today the way ebay is laid out on my screen has suddenly changed - and I HATE IT!

I suppose it is so it looks better on a mobile phone - but I stil luse my pc - and have no intention of swapping my large monitor for a tiny mobile screen.

Anyone know if or how I can change it babk?

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Same. I spent all day and night listing 20 items. Taking so much longer. Since when did using a phone for ebay become the priority user? I am sure most people still use desktops/laptops/ipads. Using a phone to try to browse ebay is a fools game.

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Yes I had the same problem, if you look for the 3 dots at the top of the right handside page or an arrow surrounded by red, click on it and scroll down to desktop view click on it, It should change it back to the old page. If it changes again just repeat the above. Regards tc

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Did you find a soloution?

the ones below don't exsist?!

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

I hate it too! Why do they let the kids keep messing with things?

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

There is a "give feedback" link on the right of the screen. Best you can do it seems is click on it, give the changes 1 star and twell them you hate it.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

To top it all off, they have changed the screens on everyone's buying items. Their site has been crashing twice or more times a Day. You would think that knowing these problems, they would change it back instead of thrustrating users. 

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Mine too went like this today GRRRR, i hate it!

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Just noticed it has gone back to the " phone view " layout AGAIN. 

Like most, i use a desktop when searching on Ebay, this new " phone freindly " version 

is horrible.

You could spemd a few£/$ more and give us a choice (and repect).

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

You are assuming that they care about our opinions? My experience of 'big tech' is that they do whatever they want and don't care about our opnions , or any impacts that their actions or omissions might have on us as customers, or as a society, all they care about is profits. If you notice that even though we live in the information age, they all make it as difficult as possible to actually contact them directly, only providing Byzantine 'help' pages that provide almost no help, and AI driven bots that are incapable of resolving even the simplest of issues, heaven forbid you want to actually speakto a real human being who will genuinerly try to resolve the issue without being overtly obstructive! Perhaps 'Customer Service' is an alien concept to them?

As you may have noticed, ebay don't have the deceny to announce, or in any way communicate changes that they are intending to make, they just dump it on us like the excreable mess it always is, and leave us all wondering if they have beeen hacked while we virus scan for our lives to make sure we haven't been infected with something nasty and nefarious.

I doubt they will ever change unless we stop using the ebay and shop eslwhere, which is what I am currently doing wherever possible with sellers whose websites don't just randomly change back and forth for no obvious reason.

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

I couldn't agree more. I hope they'll put it back as it was. Maybe they will when the sales go down as I'm sure they will. I certainly won't be using ebay as much as I did. I can't browse a category like I could do before these ridiculous changes. I use my PC wouldn't dream of using my phone although I can't see how it would help even if I did.
Thanks

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

I use a macbook so usually zoom in on photos to view them properly, cannot even do that now as the picture moves accross the screen to an unviewable are, today i noticed they have now took the full screenfeature away from the top of the photographs so i cannot see the photographs in full screen now either.

They really need to give us the old layout back. 

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: