Poor workmanship, The Wilks pressure washer blowup on 3rd use when examined by myself

I am an eng contract manager & commissioning mng, after the washer blowup I examined and found that the ignition coil magnet fixed to flywheel with a 4/5mm screw this screw should have locktight in hole then the screw tightened , what I found was a compouned on the screwhead themagnet came loose was caught on metal and ingnition coil the guarantee was up in Dec 23 I understand that but due to illhealth the last 6mths of 23 I was bedridden I explined that to Unionmart but cust,manager refused to replace item, I explained that poor workmanship was to blame. While searching for parts discovered numerous complaints about this company with the same attitude .

If this company sells through ebay they should not be allowed as equipment should be reasonably be to a certain safety standard as parts of the magnet hit meon the arm and burst skin

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Poor workmanship, The Wilks pressure washer blowup on 3rd use when examined by myself

Sadly there is nothing that you can do through eBay in that eBay Money Back Guarantee covers just 30 days from delivery.   "Commercial guarantees" are in my view only of limited use as they are as good only as your ability to enforce them.  You may have legal rights if the seller is a business. These typically cover just 6 months but you imply - I think - that this was purchased some while ago.

What eBay "should" do is perhaps only of minor interest because it is what they "do do" that matters.  They could not possibly vet every single seller and product on the site [there must be millions]

@tamc-uk2013 

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: