Nothing Works

Havent been on e bay for a while. Mostly because its not worth my while trying to search for cars as E Bay had removed all the mileage filters. Recently noticed that the mileage filters were back. Decided to have a go atsearching for cars. Not surprisingly, they dont work. What is wrong with e bay?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Nothing Works

You are not alone,  so many reports coming through about this very thing,   but all we can do here,  being members like yourself,  is listen,  sympathise and agree that this new change, is not one of any improvement.

All I can suggest is,  top right on the Watch List page is a link ' What do you think'.    Leave some feedback there about these changes. 

Maybe,  just maybe if everyone did,  eBay may just listen,   and change it back to the perfectly workable format it was in before.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Nothing Works

ccla3379
Conversationalist

Hi there,

I spent an hour or so trying to searching through cars using the mileage filter and wasn't seeing problems - perhaps you could share what criteria and a couple of cars which should-or-shouldn't have been visible in the results.

Thx in advance.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Nothing Works

Really, its hardly worth bothering. I have spent a diproportionate of my online time over the past year trying to get e bay to put the mileage filters back. They have eventually put them back and believe me they do not work. I have been buying and advertising cars on e bay for almost 14 years and spend on average 4 hours each day sourcing cars. Other selling platforms such as Auto Trader, Gum Tree, etc are simple to navigate. And they work.

Here is a basic search on e bay. Go to search bar and type in cars. It will come up with several options such as car for sale in cars. select this and it will open. Go to the dropdown box and select lowes mileage first. The first car that comes up is a landrover with 48,000 miles. There are thousands of cars with lower mileages. Why dont they show. Because the search filters dont work. Also,the only way to establish the mileage on any car is by opening up every single vehicle and scrolling down to find the mileage. Every other selling platform lists the mileages on the header page, thus avoiding the nonsense of clicking on every car.

E bay was once offered the most enjoyable search experience. Not any longer. Like you, in the past they have told me that they dont see a problem. Thats because they dont understand their own platform. 

Here is a search for you to try.

Cars for sale, All cars under 50,000 miles, private seller, under £10,000, Over 10 years old. Once you have set these go to the dropdown box and select lowest mileage first. I guarantee the cars will not come out in the correct order. And you will need to open and search for the mileages as thet are not listed on the header page. Or you can select Newly Listed. It wont work either. Until May 2023 everyhing did work.

E Bay is impossible to communicate with and there is no point in speaking with their customer service team as they are just an outsourced call centre with little or no understanding. 

E Bay sucks...

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Nothing Works

While it wasn't working last week I noted today a change to the output such that it includes the mileage - and after some brief tests (including the < 50,000 miles etc test above) it appears to generate better results ... notwithstanding folk filling in the mileage field wrongly.

Would you say it was fixed or are there any other facets not working correctly?

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: