Nectar. Major Problems

Dear EBay.

What on earth is going on with Nectar? Five weeks ago my account went down and all it does is tells me to link a card or open an account. Well I've had one for 4 years. Despite numerous emails to eBay Customer Services (which they mostly don't answer) nothing is done. Nectar itself says it doesn't recognise my member number! Twice I've lost all my points. To be frank unless you buy a lot of high price items it's not worth the hastle. I fail to see why eBay doesn't is issue it's own discount coupons like supermarkets. By the amount of posts on these forums it seems many others are having problems. It's not good eniugh.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nectar. Major Problems

🤔 A lot of this problem maybe due to Sainsbury's decision to sell customers Nectar card details, They have delinked cards then when you relinked (if you can without jumping through hoops😡)  The old card number card you have now linked again agreeds to 3rd party access to your buying habits bypassing any data protection.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Nectar. Major Problems

Hi @doumind_7,

There was an issue on Nectar's side a few weeks ago which caused some eBay and Nectar accounts being delinked. The issue is fully resolved now, and you should be able to relink your Nectar account here.

If you are unable to do so, can you please let me know more, are you getting any error message after clicking on 'Link accounts' or accounts are unlinking after you have linked them?

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Nectar. Major Problems

🤔 A lot of this problem maybe due to Sainsbury's decision to sell customers Nectar card details, They have delinked cards then when you relinked (if you can without jumping through hoops😡)  The old card number card you have now linked again agreeds to 3rd party access to your buying habits bypassing any data protection.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Nectar. Major Problems

Thanks for your reply. To be frank I've decided to dump it. As I don't purchase many high price items on eBay it takes ages to get a miserly £2.50 off coupon and keep losing points anyway. I get far more off from purchases on Amazon using Amex points.
Regards
Doug M.
Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Nectar. Major Problems

Hello

I have tried, on and off for months, to link my Ebay account to Nectar. When I start to do so it asks for my Nectar card number and password. I key them in correctly (checking with Show) and then my card is not recognised.

I had a long, protracted email conversation with Ebay about this last year, getting nowhere, getting frustrated and losing the will to live!

I can log into Nectar via the Nectar site with my card number and password, so why can't I do this with Ebay? I'm assuming my Nectar card  and account is valid.  Has anyone else had this issue and been able to resolve it.

My Nectar and Ebay account used to be linked to transfer points but now I don't think they are.

I'm at a loss to know what to do now - I seem to be going round in circles.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Nectar. Major Problems

Hiya.

I sympathise! I've had similar difficulties. On a number of occasions my card and points disappeared from the eBay platform and I couldn't log back in. I spoke to eBay customer services who said they could fix it, but couldn't. Nectar didn't recognise my membership number which I've had for 4/5 years. I even tried to get another card but that didn't work either. I've ditched it because for the miserly points you get it's not worth the hassel. I suggested to eBay that may be they should have their own scheme. My advice is to dump it rather than waste your time.

Best regards
Doug M.
Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Nectar. Major Problems

I had no idea my nectar card been unlinked until yesterday when I saw a notification to link my nectar card. I had assumed it was all still linked as I havent changed my ebay account nor nectar account. So i have been loosing out on all ebay purchases for years. Will eBay retrospectively send those nectar points i am entitled to?

Richard

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Nectar. Major Problems

Same with me, just inexplicably de-linked and, it seems, no way of recovering points

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Nectar. Major Problems

So, will we get our points for the purchases we made when Nectar was de-linked from our eBay accounts with out authority? 

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: