Locked account, changed phone number outside UK

When I tried to login the system says my account is locked and I need to change my password. But my phone has changed so I can't change my password without the sms number being sent to my old phone number. When I try to contact support they have a system that can call me at a UK number but I don't have a UK number anymore only a non-UK number. How can I access my account? 

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Locked account, changed phone number outside UK

Hi micpalm2583, thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear this, but there is a way for you to get contacted and get this sorted. If you follow the steps below, you will be able to get a call back from our security team, so they can update and resolve this for you. Please note that this process can only be done over for privacy and security reasons.

1. Go to our help pages

2. Scroll down and click on "Contact us"

3. Click on Managing your account

4. Click on Get help with a hacked account (while your account might not be hacked, you need to follow this workflow)

5. A new window/tab will pop up and ask you to sign in - As you are unable to log into your account at the moment, please click on the "Continue" button that is located right under the "New to eBay, or need help signing in?" at the bottom of the screen

6. Enter your email address or username, and click submit.

7. You will see an option to chat with our automated assistant, click on it. (You won't see the call us back option as we won't be able to reach you at your new phone number since we don't have it on file)

8 . In the chat window, click on "help with a hacked account"

9. Click on contact an agent

10. Enter your name and email address and reason for contact, and send the request.

11. Complete the captcha (If applicable)

12. Click on "Call us" and you will see a phone number for you to get in touch with us, you can then talk to one of our agents and they will help you get this resolved. 

It is very important that when following the steps above, you are fully logged out of your account. If you have to, feel free to open an incognito window, so you are fully logged out of the account. Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: