Ebay unresponsive in Firefox today

I am completely unable to use ebay in Firefox today. If I try to expand view of listing photos, scroll through listing photos or magnify, absolutely nothing happens. Similarly if I try to submit bid, buy it now, or add to a list, absolutely nothing happens. Anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

Browsers do have the odd issue from time to time.

Switch for now to Chrome,  that works equally well with eBay.

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

ccla3379
Conversationalist

I had some glitchy behaviour this morning on FF but I also noticed there was an update pending a restart of my browser (Help->About Firefox) and has been fine since.

Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

Hi,

I have just had to resort to using Microsoft Edge to buy or see anything. Only started today. Messages and viewing my order works but no lonks on an item page to buy, watch or view photos.

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

Hi, My browser has not changed. I have done a restart and checked my firewall. The fault is definitely with Ebay. I will probably close my account if this is not fixed. I will not change browser just because Ebay are stupid and make some silly change which blocks those with Firefox.

Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

Thank you. At least I know it's not just me!

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

My browser has not changed.

What version of Firefox are you using? Any pending updates?

Not having any issues using Firefox version 125.0.2 (64-bit) on a Windows 10 machine.

Any difference if you use a private browser window, or if you disable add-ons?

It is probably easier to check using a different browser rather than go through all of the possible browser settings and add-on combinations that might be causing an issue for you.

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

Exactly the same for me.

Images will not load, scroll or magnify except for the first image on each listing.

I have tried two browsers, both the same result. Firefox, Palemoon.

Issue started approx 36h ago.

I do not have access to Chrome, and my OS image is fixed for my current browser versions only.

So I cannot see products like other users can, I am at a disadvantage.

Will not be using eBay for now.

PLEASE FIX ASAP!

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

ccla3379
Conversationalist

Although not a fix I should point out that according to ebay.co.uk/sts page there is planned maintenance between 6am and 8am today (26th) , and I can but hope it gets resolved.  Remember to either flush the browser cache or access via in-cognito mode or reload the page a few (3?) times to ensure it has the lastest web pages have a chance to displace the old ones.

Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

@ccla3379 wrote:

Although not a fix I should point out that according to ebay.co.uk/sts page there is planned maintenance between 6am and 8am today (26th) , and I can but hope it gets resolved.  Remember to either flush the browser cache or access via in-cognito mode or reload the page a few (3?) times to ensure it has the lastest web pages have a chance to displace the old ones.

Hi All,

I am using Firefox Version 90.0.2 for very good reasons - it does not have the later ridiculous double line spacing in bookmarks etc. This browser works with EVERY OTHER website. If Ebay have chosen to go down the browser specific route then count me out - I will leave Ebay.  I have tried all obvious solutions - cleared browser cache, tried a private window etc etc. Nothing works. This is clearly a design fault on the latest upgrade to Ebay.

Once my latest order is completed I will quit. Google Chrome may work and I can import all settings from Firefox but I trust Firefox and it has better privacy settings - Chrome tracks your browsing history!

Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

I quite agree FF is a very good browser and I would offer to investigate but the Mozilla support page only provides legacy installations back to version 115 and my own archive only goes back to the beginning of 2022.

I'm not sure what to suggest beyond doing a tial install of the latest version - the UI has evolved a lot over the years.  In the meantime hopefully the rest of the internet will continue to support v90 in perpetuity.

Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

I am NOT using firefox and I have the same problem on google chrome. Glad I found this thread as I thought it might just be my old macbook air laptop had finally shot it's bolt. I cannot scroll through pictures, I cannot make offers, and I cannot watch items. I CAN do everything else.

Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

As a chrome user I also get an, "It's not you it's us" ebay-page when I click on, "watch item". I have had that for nearly two days as well as the other stuff.

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

Gorhath you could be right that they have updated something and now older versions won't work properly. I have an older laptop that can't update things now so it would seem quite a coincidence we are both using older versions of things. Guess all people in our boat are just screwed because yet again ebay didn't think something through. (assuming your theory is correct). Like when ebay lost millions for example because they forced everyone off paypal. Sometimes DUMB just can't be corrected.

I spent nearly three days trying to get into my ebay account just because I couldn't confirm I was me the other week.

The world has gone BONKERS because they seem to have low IQ people at the top that have nothing better to do than get, "bright ideas". They really need to find some more productive use of their time, by for example, trying to make Ebay the efficient, practical, common-sense place it used to be.

I remember the noughts. Wow, that seems like heaven now, all the simplicity, the practical way it worked, the easiness of getting paid by paypal. Fast forward to 2015 and here is a quote from ebay's top brass; "I know, let's phuck it all up!"

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

Interesting that exactly what's happening to me in Safari and Firefox is happening in Chrome also. Thanks for the info.

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

I have the same version of Firefox as you on my Win 10 machine and ebay works OK. However, ebay has done something yesterday which makes the site inoperable for some users of Firefox (eg like on my mac), Safari, Chrome, Palemoon and other browsers. Ebay really needs to put it right for its own sake.

Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

You're right Toad, but ebay seems to be a company that needs to shoot itself in the foot before learning a lesson. 

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

Of course they'll only bother to fix it if it affects them enough which means we can only hope the numbers are a significant percentage. They only help themselves in my experience. 

Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

eBay hasn’t been working in Safari for a few days. Can’t watch items, bid, buy, nor scroll pictures. Most pictures don’t even load. Probably other issues but I haven’t explored further. In short, so little functionality that it isn’t worth bothering. 

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

Looks like everyone is having the same issues with picture scrolling, and not being able to bid, buy, send an offer or watch an item. 

Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: