Buyer wants refund by bank transfer

I recently sold a guitar to a chap who wasn't happy with condition and we arranged a return & refund through eBay.

The parcel is back with me so I have added funds to paypal which is saying 5-7 days to be in. The buyer is not happy and wants a refund by bank transfer. I’m not happy to do this as eBay says it will automatically send the refund so I risk sending it twice. Is he trying to scam me?

View Entire Topic

You never, ever refund by any other method other than that which you were paid, & I am presuming he has opened a case in eBay? He will have to be patient,  I do not know why a transfer to your PayPal account will take 5 days, so if he is ligit then I can understand his annoyance. Do not under any circumstance refund him via another route, eBay will not take it into consideration, & he probably would receive two refunds. Apologise, no need to go into detail, simply tell him that he will be refunded via eBay within a few days, & if the funds arrive in your PayPal account early, be a gent & refund him via the case immediately.