Infrequenct seller, new rules hard to fathom. Processing?

I sold 4 items and 70+ others listed.  I really just learnt about this new seller bank account requirement.

I am selling stuff I've collected over the years, I not a business and not prepaired to send a single item until I receive the funds.  Previously they were instant with my paypal account it was pretty easy.

Should I cancel the other items before they end?   No one in their right mind would hand over something to a buyer without receiving the funds.  I don't sell on ebay for them to be some weird esco (man-in-middle) service.

I've looked around at hobby forums and think i could re-list them some place else.  I don't want to deal with this message of a seller system for some 2nd hand collectables.  I can't beleive they done this, its nothing to do with tax or government that is forcing them to put such policy through.

I set pay out schedule to 1day and still its been the weekend so that's 2days i would normally have used to print labels and dispatch.   I wouldn't accept a sale where someone says here's £10 but leave it there until I get home, mess with what i've bought and then decided I want something else or i write feedback in a weeks time.

Seriously how long do i have to wait?  CHAPs is instance, ebay are just coining in on sales, well they think they are but when sales fall off a clif they'll be sorry.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

redwick1
Experienced Mentor

See the link to the ebay policy on managed payments

To sell on ebay we all will have to be on it

https://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/selling/managed-payments

If the buyer has paid and ebay say so then you have to send or you will end with not received disputes on your account. 

It can take more than the two days to see your money in your bank but you should not wait for that