selling

when i sell something for a reasonable price i either get a silly low offer or ebay encourages me to send offedrs which then lowers the cost of the item further so you dont get much for the item ,should i increase the selling amount and just hope for the best are people using this c.o, living as a means to obtain quality items for a 3rd of a reasonable asking price then youre almost giving away the item .any advice .thanks david

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

selling

Hi

This is a difficult one and obv up to you what you choose to do.

IF you have listed an item with offers then you can set the listing up to automatically reject offers below a certain price and indeed accept them above a certain price.

Personally i ignore all Ebays recommendations etc.    If they had their way sellers would sell anything and everything for just a few pounds no matter what its true worth is.

It really depends on how much you need the money as to what you do.

I am not prepared to give genuine quality items away too cheaply but then again we do not rely on the money from any Ebay sales and i would rather just keep them or give them away to friends in need.

I am not denying for one minute there is a cost of living crisis but there is also money around.

Buyers, in my humble opinion, just want something for nothing on the site nowadays and i refuse to play that game.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

selling

totally agree with you and many thanks for your advice i dont depend on the money but feel a bit miffed when i price something at a lower price than some and someone offers a fiver,no chance.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: