Postage Label Cost report?

Is there a way to generate a report or view how much I have spent on postage labels in a particular month or range of months?

I have been going through my Ebay monthly statements and the postage label field always reads £0.00 despite me buying all of my Royal Mail shipping labels through Ebay, I hadn't noticed this until now.

Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I agree which is why it's only fine, plus it only gives last 90 days not the whole year.

I've gone onto paypal, who I use for the vast majority of labels and i'm generating a report for the whole year.

I'll then need to sort and  filter out the non postage items.

Cumbersome process though and given that the information is in eBay, it shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers

John

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

I have the same issue

Message 2 of 23
See Most Recent

Hi @layerfab, thanks for your post.

You can view your postage labels and the cost here on the Postage labels page in Seller Hub.

You should also be able to view it in your PayPal account.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 3 of 23
See Most Recent

Although you having been buying the postage through EBay, you will have been paying via PayPal I imagine? So running reports through PP should show?

Message 4 of 23
See Most Recent

Agreed

I have the same issue.

Given eBay have all this information, if you buy your labels through them, why don't they include these in the report?

The postage labels tab in the seller hub is fine but surely this info can be pulled into the monthly report?

if not, why not?

Message 5 of 23
See Most Recent

The postage labels tab isn’t fine as it doesn’t allow us to generate a csv file for accounts.

Kindest regards,
Kim Durose

Sent from Outlook for iOS

Message 6 of 23
See Most Recent

I agree which is why it's only fine, plus it only gives last 90 days not the whole year.

I've gone onto paypal, who I use for the vast majority of labels and i'm generating a report for the whole year.

I'll then need to sort and  filter out the non postage items.

Cumbersome process though and given that the information is in eBay, it shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers

John

Message 7 of 23
See Most Recent

Yep it’s a pain but soon sorted with a couple of excel filters. 

Kindest regards,
Kim Durose

Sent from Outlook for iOS

Message 8 of 23
See Most Recent

I agree . It definately needs sorting. Especially if HMRC want info.

Message 9 of 23
See Most Recent

Yep, this appears to be the only solution and it is exactly what I ended up doing. It's pretty tedious when you have to go through 12 months worth in prep for your tax submission.

This is obviously something that isn't working as intended on Ebay's side, the field in the monly statement to show postage is there, it just always reads £0.00

Message 10 of 23
See Most Recent

that only goes upto 90 days, would be better if you can downloaded details for the finacial year

Message 11 of 23
See Most Recent

Found this hoping for a solution but as it appears, eBay only holds this data on the sales reports for 90 days. Very odd. I've gone into my sales data via the Performance tab and month by month used the filter to grab the postage labels figure under "Selling costs" and "Breakdown". Seems to be the simplest method but a bit cumbersome.

Message 12 of 23
See Most Recent

I have tried that but those figures are incorrect.  I had 505 sold transations  and on average postage labels cost was 2.94 and the total postage label cost sshould be £1484.70   but that figure shows that I paid only £330 for postage label...so struggling to find the actual cost for the tax purposes as transactions goes only back 90 days but they don't show the correct figure either.. I used paypal for Royalmail postage as that' the only option  and they are correct for that part but Pack link figures  are wrong..Any idea ?

Message 13 of 23
See Most Recent

I'm not 100% sure but if you purchased via 'Packlink' you will need to get the postage label invoices from there instead -

https://delivery.ebay.co.uk/private/settings/billing/invoices

Message 14 of 23
See Most Recent

This works well but doesn't account for VAT purposes really - I know most of mine are VAT exempt as I used to purchase them via a Click & Drop account so I'll just enter that but it would get confusing if you're posting different sized items all the time..

Message 15 of 23
See Most Recent

It does not account for VAT at all.

eBay charge VAT for Royal Mail tracked items and paypal reports are not satisfactory for HMRC.

We have had several long conversations with eBay on this.
When a returns label is generated, eBay emails us an invoice, and the label appears (with the correct VAT element) on our monthly invoice. Perfect.
When we buy a shipping label, if through Packlink, Packlink has an easy way to download all Packlink invoices (although being based in Spain, there is no VAT element). Perfect.
However, when we buy a UK Royal Mail Tracked label (which eBay charges and collects VAT for) direct through eBay, they do not email an invoice, and it DOES NOT appear on our monthly invoice. This is shocking.

It does not appear on transaction reports as it is paid by Paypal and eBay transaction reports only report on items affecting managed payments.
What we are expected to do is look at seller hub, postage labels, and then for each one individually, use a drop down to download a PDF file.
We have flagged up to eBay that if they can include the return labels, why can they not include the shipping labels on the monthly invoice.
We have flagged to eBay that you can only download the shipping label invoices for 3 months.
As eBay are charging and collecting the VAT, eBay should allow access to invoices going further back than 3 months.
We do not buy much through eBay, but how are sellers that buy 100s of labels a day, recovering the VAT?
eBays suggestion was try to find a third party tool. Does anyone know of a third party tool to data mine my eBay account and produce what eBay should provide as they do with return labels?

eBay should own this terrible mess and simply roll shipping label purchased into the monthly invoice. That would be perfect.

Message 16 of 23
See Most Recent

Yes - I couldn't agree more.  Glad to hear that others are asking for the same albeit not getting the answer we want.

Unfortunately it's the same with Etsy where VAT is concerned, but at least I can download a CSV with the labels itemised.

Terrible that eBay's solution is to invoke a third party when they're making money from the labels.  

Please eBay get this resolved - I have raised this as a complaint over live chat but this really does need escalating.

Message 17 of 23
See Most Recent

I really can't fathom how it's possible with Packlink but not with Royal Mail!

Message 18 of 23
See Most Recent

Yes that 's what  I mean it always  or most  of the time just reads £0.00 for postage.

Message 19 of 23
See Most Recent

Yes, the fault is in the Financial Statement, where it always shows £0.00? I've flagged this to eBay as well, but have not had a reply. The only way I'm currently doing it is to print off a separate invoice for each label purchased, generatring a LOT of extra paperwork.

Can we get a reply from an eBay admin on this?

Message 20 of 23
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: