New LIsting Tool - DESCRIPTION not showing.

While I think that the new listing tool is on the whole slow and cumbersome, I found all the features eventually and made them work, except for one major problem:

Whatever I put in the DESCRIPTION box does not show.
The CONDITION DESCRIPTION box does work, but not the main DESCRIPTION box.

If I try to preview, the description shows all the item specifics I selected, and everything else, but nothing that I have typed in the DESCRIPTION box. Same if I schedule the listing.

I have templates, which are plain text, no HTML, and I have tried typing in plain text.

This is on a desktop computer. Using Chrome, but I have tried different browsers, Edge and Firefox same result and turned off extensions, ad blocking etc.

Any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 40
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi All,

This is an active issue on site. Our Tech Team are aware of it and are working on a fix.

Ive added your accounts to the bug report and I'll post an update as soon as I have more information.

@smartlemming Ive also passed this info on to the guys in Tech as it could be helpful to them.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 40
See Most Recent
39 REPLIES 39

Same here, phoned ebay and was told many have complained and fix on the way, two days later still the same, Tried using different browsers but still the same, Really annoys me when something is working fine and they change the whole setup without option to stay where you are.ARE there only two of us with this problem

Message 2 of 40
See Most Recent

Same problem with me.  I thought I was going mad.  Chat with ebay, She did give me a link, so I can use the old style listing.

(Can't share link here as it was for my account)

Two days now, and still not resolved.  Description of the item is a must.  Did they not test the new tool out before rolling it out !?

Message 3 of 40
See Most Recent

A full seven days later, and I am still having this problem.

I am able to use the old listing tool, thanks to links provided elsewhere, but for how long?

Ebay, come on, please get this sorted ASAP.

Message 4 of 40
See Most Recent

I have the same problem and called eBay, nothing to resolve. One of eBay representative said that I did not save it. This is the only reason your description box vacant.  See the attached photo. 
No answers.........

Message 5 of 40
See Most Recent

I have sorted this problem after rebuilding my PC,I can now save to description.

I moved from Win 8.1 to 10

Also on Win 8.1 I was using PCSHELL as I could not live with the 8.1 interface.

Otherwise all is the same so presume in my case the 8.1 or PCSHELL or combination of both was causing the problem, Hope this might help someone

Message 6 of 40
See Most Recent

Hi All,

This is an active issue on site. Our Tech Team are aware of it and are working on a fix.

Ive added your accounts to the bug report and I'll post an update as soon as I have more information.

@smartlemming Ive also passed this info on to the guys in Tech as it could be helpful to them.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 7 of 40
See Most Recent

still after months it is not working! Is that so difficult to fix this?

Message 8 of 40
See Most Recent

But I still think the old one was better and easier to use
Message 9 of 40
See Most Recent

Still not working for me on Safari desk top. Had to add the listing on my phone using the eBay app. Not making me want list other items!

Message 10 of 40
See Most Recent

I can not seem to input html into descrition on revised listings, can anyone help me find a way to do this?

Message 11 of 40
See Most Recent

Months later this is still an issue.

The solution is easy, bring back the option to use the old lister.  But no, that would involve someone losing face.

I don't even want the lister to be rolled back.  No doubt some like the new lister.  Good for them.  But some of us would prefer the old lister, which if you knew the secret URL you could still get for months after it was officially withdrawn.  But then even that was withdrawn.

Message 12 of 40
See Most Recent

I have the same problem.

It really puts upu off using ebay.

This has been allowed to go on or too long!

Message 13 of 40
See Most Recent

This is still happening sometimes some partial text is visible sometimes nothing needs sorting

Message 14 of 40
See Most Recent

message for EBAY

NEW terible design

big pictures - no zoom with mouse, picture is half of screen, small letters

Big issue now - !!!!! DESCRIPTION is not working.

"Item description from the seller"

If I open any things -I can not read any descriptions from the sellers

terrible change

Message 15 of 40
See Most Recent

HI - I wonder if anyone can help me... I'm a individual and infrequent seller and I've noticed that I can't view my descriptions on Safari nor Chrome on my mac yet on my apple phone, the descriptions appear... any ideas?

Message 16 of 40
See Most Recent

Same problem for me.  Took me hours of trying multiple to put 4 items on.  Old way was easy and user friendly.  Just gave up in the end.

Message 17 of 40
See Most Recent

I cannot preview my listings before putting them live can anyone offer advice please?

Message 18 of 40
See Most Recent

First time I've listed in several months. 2 items and I cannot see the descriptions I wrote.

If I go into edit, the descriptions are still there...they just don't display!

It's astonishing that this has been going on for 10 months and eBay haven't resolved it.

The thing is... if we fail to sell because the descriptions aren't there, then eBay aren't going to make their fees.

Seems like a company that's losing direction!

Message 19 of 40
See Most Recent

I asked eBay to call me, I explained this problem to the girl at eBay.
She went into my account and reported that all my drafts were accessible to her and she was able to preview them.
Said my iPad must be at fault and to try other than Safari - so I tried through Google Chrome.
Guess what ? Some days I can preview through Safari, some days I can’t.
Some days I can preview through Google Chrome, some days I can’t.
And some days both work !
EBay has the problem and won’t admit it !

Sent from my iPad
Message 20 of 40
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: