New LIsting Tool - DESCRIPTION not showing.

While I think that the new listing tool is on the whole slow and cumbersome, I found all the features eventually and made them work, except for one major problem:

Whatever I put in the DESCRIPTION box does not show.
The CONDITION DESCRIPTION box does work, but not the main DESCRIPTION box.

If I try to preview, the description shows all the item specifics I selected, and everything else, but nothing that I have typed in the DESCRIPTION box. Same if I schedule the listing.

I have templates, which are plain text, no HTML, and I have tried typing in plain text.

This is on a desktop computer. Using Chrome, but I have tried different browsers, Edge and Firefox same result and turned off extensions, ad blocking etc.

Any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 40
See Most Recent
39 REPLIES 39

@keri1181 wrote:

First time I've listed in several months. 2 items and I cannot see the descriptions I wrote.

When I view your two listings on my PC, your descriptions show up fine.

Message 21 of 40
See Most Recent

You're right. Well, rightish!

When I've looked again, the descriptions are there...but WAY down past a row of photo-ads of other people's stuff. Not exactly conducive to developing a browser's interest in my stuff.

Didn't used to be like that.

Message 22 of 40
See Most Recent

Yes nowadays what is supposed to be your ad page is shared with fifty plus so called sponsored listings.

It looks a mess but hey it's eBay.

Message 23 of 40
See Most Recent

Hi Dave can you add me as well 

jarvisiop

Message 24 of 40
See Most Recent

"See full details" of listing descriptions have become invisible on the Android Ebay app.

Message 25 of 40
See Most Recent

It's now the 11th November and as a buyer I can't see any descriptions. I can see them briefly when the page first loads then whoosh they're gone. If I keep refreshing I can catch bits of info but there's no "tab" and no link or anything to the actual description. I'm on laptop on Vivaldi. Tried on Firefox but no joy

Descriptions are very important for both sellers and buyers, as I need to state the measurements for items I'm selling and I want the measurements not just the arbitrary "size M" when I'm buying

Please add me to the list of people having issues

Message 26 of 40
See Most Recent

Like everyone I have spent time trying to be creative and accurate with my product description only to find its not showing.  Is this a temporary issue or just affecting certain users.  Ive randomly looked at other items for sale and see the same issue.

Message 27 of 40
See Most Recent

Hello all,

I looked into this and when checking some of your listings I can see full seller's item description.

Can you please share some examples of where the item description is not visible with the following info:

Item number:

Screenshot:

Device you are using (PC/laptop or Mobile/ops), and I will look into this for you.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 28 of 40
See Most Recent

Having same issue

Message 29 of 40
See Most Recent

Hi @raymond4744,

I looked into this for you and don't see any active listings on your account. If it is happening on a different account, please let me know the user ID, and the above details.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 30 of 40
See Most Recent

Just found the same problem.

Listed an item on Ebay but was unable to read item description.

Checked my other 3 listings could read description on 1 of them but others are just empty spaces.

Have randomly opened other listings and found empty spaces where the description should be.

It was fine yesterday  but gone today.

Using a Samsung tablet to access Ebay.

Has anyone experienced this recently - January 2024

Message 31 of 40
See Most Recent

Yep,  the issue is continuing,  you are not alone.

Sellers are daily reporting that descriptions are just not there.  

We are told eBay are aware and working on the issue,  but to date no reprieve from this glitch , and no timeline as to how long before it is Permanently fixed.

Perhaps it's affecting some devices and browsers more than others?  Say the app or mobile browser as No. 1 culprits?  I'm on a laptop using Chrome,   Forefox works well too,   and have not come across this issue.....    yet !

Message 32 of 40
See Most Recent

Thanks for quick reply.

Its almost reassuring to know its affecting others.

Strange cos the number of watchers on one of my listings has increased by 3 today so some people must be able to read descriptions.

Looks like it's a wait and see situation

Message 33 of 40
See Most Recent

Having the same problem with my listing when using my Samsung galaxy tablet,  description for my item and some other items I have viewed not showing,  however if I switch to desktop view on the tablet descriptions show up OK. It's a great pity that as ebay know of this ongoing problem why are they still charging full fees for an advert that not everybody can read the description of.

Message 34 of 40
See Most Recent

It is 2024 and the required deascription does not show

Item description from the seller    is not there!

The app is a convoluted disaster, anybody know a good alternate to eBay without their stuff-ups?

Message 35 of 40
See Most Recent

Hi we are also having the same problem using both Laptop and iPad ,being a business we have over 1200 items listed with many description not showing .We have been loyal to ebay for over 20 years and are seriously looking at other platforms if this problem is not solved .Reclaimed.Salvage.Sheffield

Message 36 of 40
See Most Recent

Hi. I have found that if you are using Google as your web page, go into settings and delete your personal browsing history, except for saved passwords, this seems to have rectify the problem on my Samsung galaxy tab and item descriptions miraculously reappeared, although I wouldn't like to guess how long it will last before they disappear again.

Hope this helps. 

Message 37 of 40
See Most Recent

Hi All,

There was an issue with descriptions not showing in some browsers. Clearing the Cache and Cookies resolved the issue. Here's the steps for different browsers for anyone that's unsure how to clear them:

Keep in mind if you delete cookies, you might get signed out of sites that remember you, and your saved preferences could be deleted. This applies any time a cookie is deleted.

For Edge

1. In Edge, select Settings and more  in the upper right corner of your browser window. 

2. Select Settings  > Privacy, search, and service

3. Select Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data > Clear browsing data now.

4. Under Time range, choose a time range from the list.

5. Select Cookies and other site data, and then select Clear now.

6. All your cookies and other site data will now be deleted for the time range you selected. This signs you out of most sites. 

For Chrome:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More  > Settings daveebay_2-1706543205123.png
  3. Click Privacy and security > Third-party cookiesTip: If you are part of the Tracking Protection test group, select Tracking Protection instead.
  4. Click See all site data and permissions > Delete all data.
  5. To confirm, click Delete.

For Safari:

1. Go to Settings > Safari.

2. Tap Clear History and Website Data.

For the App:

Clear the Apps Cache

1. Open your device's Settings app.
  2. Find Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different, possibly under "more" settings).
  3. On the list, tap the eBay app. 
  4. Find  Storage.
  5. Tap Clear cache.

Clear the Apps Data

1. Open your device's Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
  3. On the list, tap the eBay app.
  4. Find Storage.
  5. Tap Clear data.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 38 of 40
See Most Recent

Its still happening, today I noticed several of my listings had no description but if I go into Revise all my decription data is there. One listing was brought back to display by going into revise then copy all my script, cleared all the decription then pasted the previous script and saved. it then displayed my description.

Message 39 of 40
See Most Recent

Agreed, its still happening, despite you telling us to clear tracking data in Google Chrome, ive done that, logged out, back in, still exactly the same, this is happening on dektop PC, not app, sort it out please, im paying you so much money for customers not to be able to read a damn description of the item, insane!!!

Message 40 of 40
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: