Missing item descriptions again

Not sure what is going on but i have listed six items for sale and none of the descriptions are on the listings.

I revise the listings, entering the description again, go to the listing and description does not appear on ebay. I revise the listing again and either the description has disappeared completely or is only half there. 

Happened previously and i cant seem to work out whats going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks x

Message 1 of 19
See Most Recent
18 REPLIES 18

I've noticed all the listing I'm looking at have no item description, did you ever figure out why this has happened? 

Message 2 of 19
See Most Recent

the descriptions are there using the full site

it is just a glitch with the app

stop revising your listings as it doesn't help

Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

My listings descriptions are missing to. Noticed this also happened when i saved it as a draft so had to enter it in again when revising listing, When i listed completed listing all the descriptions were missing??. Was charged £19.90 to list my item only to see no descriptions. Did you get this fixed?

Message 4 of 19
See Most Recent

Hi All,

Just to confirm what @pixiesen2012 has said. This is an active issue on site. Our Tech Team are aware of it and are working on a fix.

Ive added your accounts to the bug report and I'll post an update as soon as I have more information.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

this has been a problem since JANUARY!

are you telling us that it still hasn't been fixed?

this site is just a joke now.

Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

I am finding that my listings are also presenting with disappearing descriptions. This is frustrating as I gave a lot of detail, didn't think to save the info and now have listings that are not helpful to buyers.

I assume this is not a problem I can fix? Can eBay do anything to address this?

Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

Its still happening, saving, submitting, bs.

Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

I've been having this intermittent problem as well, since about mid 2022, but have looked around and many people have been reporting it since early 2020 at least. It's been very bad this past few days.

Some have suggested that it's something to do with settings for the mobile version having an impact on the main site - I wouldn't know about that, but it's hugely infuriating and wastes a lot of time and effort.

The one crumb of comfort is that, as far as I can tell, the descriptions aren't being deleted - just hidden or masked for some weird reason. I've read comments on Google suggesting that people just click an extra button (somewhere) to view the description, but search as I might, I can't find any such button.

And it's not just my own listings - when it's happening, I can't see the description in any other listing either so I can't buy anything other than brand new items I'm already familiar with.

Occasionally, restarting my PC fixes the problem - but only for a few minutes. I've tried on two different PCs, both under 3 years old and from different manufacturers, and I'm satisfied my computers aren't to blame.

What's really annoying is that EBay Help is no help at all, and there seems to be no way to report this directly to EBay.

Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

I'm  giving up. This has clearly been going on for YEARS now. I pay eBay a lot of money for selling my items, I thought this was just an odd glitch a couple of weeks ago but I've  discovered today it's  STILL going on. 2 weeks ago I spent 1½hrs researching an unusual piece and writing a VERY long description only for it to disappear twice. It's  nothing to do with our PCs or phones because  it's  not every listing. For instance I have 11 items going live this evening and only 2 of them have got no description.  It's  an eBay app issue I think because I added info on the app which showed up on the Desktop site HOWEVER the 2 original missing descriptions  are not on the desktop site so it's random and intermittent. I can see there's  only one fix here, move all my stuff to Etsy. I have no clue how to list on Etsy and I'm  61, not techie. Maybe I'll  just give up my hobby, I'll  sell the whole 100 items in a few job lots and go on holiday with the money. I can see no other option as if eBay cannot  fix it in 3 years then they aren't  going to fix it. I always wondered qhy some people didn't  bother with descriptions but now I know they most likely DID put one there, they just don't  know that it's  disappeared.  Someone suggested that certain Apps interfered but that makes zero sense as when you list on eBay you're  on the eBay site. The only connection is your keyboard, everything  else is eBay site.

Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

Still no solution then. I have generic descriptions now I just copy and paste in. In fact most of mine are collection only now, and if people want postage they can email me. Otherwise all the info is just lost. I use my desktop and browser ebay, and sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't.

Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

I have the same problem, (using desktop only) - no descriptions are visible, doesn't matter if I have a look at my own listings or someone else's. I am usually giving the most proper description as I can, it makes a kind of "mission impossible" to sell without visible descriptions . Besides this I never buy anything without reading the sellers' desription before purcahsing ( and I think I am not the only one) , so I guess if this problem remains unsolved ebay is continously losing money...

Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

Yes when i have sold my last 60 items i am done with ebay

Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

And yet, this is still obviously a ongoing issue. I had to resubmit my latest auction six times, then I used the auto ai descriptor, couldn't edit it for three, then redid it myself for 2 before it worked. I always no copy my description before i post as 95% of the time, it comes up with a red panel saying description is missing.

Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

I'm having the same problem.  All my listings have lost their descriptions and I've only just realised this.  Wondered why I wasn't selling too much.

Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

Are there any updates on this issue that is still occurring?

Message 16 of 19
See Most Recent

Hi this is still not fixed as I can't see descriptions on lots of listings and they aren't any descriptions in my listing s

Please advise

Message 17 of 19
See Most Recent

Still there a year later and no doubt putting buyers off.

Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

Hi All,

This thread is for a tech issue from over a year ago which was resolved, its not connected to any active issues at the moment.  Due to this we will be closing this thread for future replies. If you are currently experiencing an issue and would like us to review please open a new thread and @mention me if needed.

We received a number of reports over the past few days for descriptions not being visible for a number of people. Clearing Cache and Cookies fixed fixed it for all these cases so it does seem to be the cause of the issue.

Here's the steps to clear them for the different browsers it should resolve the issue:

Keep in mind if you delete cookies, you might get signed out of sites that remember you, and your saved preferences could be deleted. This applies any time a cookie is deleted.

For Edge

1. In Edge, select Settings and more  in the upper right corner of your browser window. 

2. Select Settings  > Privacy, search, and service

3. Select Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data > Clear browsing data now.

4. Under Time range, choose a time range from the list.

5. Select Cookies and other site data, and then select Clear now.

6. All your cookies and other site data will now be deleted for the time range you selected. This signs you out of most sites. 

For Chrome:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More  > Settings daveebay_2-1706092924213.png

3. Click Privacy and security > Third-party cookiesTip: If you are part of the Tracking Protection test group, select Tracking Protection instead.
  4. Click See all site data and permissionsDelete all data.
  5. To confirm, click Delete.

For Safari:

1. Go to Settings > Safari.

2. Tap Clear History and Website Data.

For the App:

Clear the Apps Cache

1. Open your device's Settings app.
  2. Find Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different, possibly under "more" settings).
  3. On the list, tap the eBay app. 
  4. Find  Storage.
  5. Tap Clear cache.

Clear the Apps Data

1. Open your device's Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
  3. On the list, tap the eBay app.
  4. Find Storage.
  5. Tap Clear data.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 19 of 19
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: