Authenticity

Okay, so I've been having some problems with selling something on Vinted probably should've come to eBay in the first instance! I am trying to sell a Tiffany necklace I bought it from a jeweller but not Tiffany. It has all the hallmark on it to say return to Tiffany and the number and the date which all the other Tiffany items on eBay seem to have the same. They are selling for £150 and £200, plus I've put mine on for £50 and I have been inundated with people saying that it is not authentic. How do we know that the ones that are being sold on eBay for £200 are authentic? What I'm trying to say is how are they authentic by buying from Tiffany shop? Like I said I bought from a jeweller I don't want to be selling counterfeit jewelry advertising it as original Tiffany if it is not, but I am pretty sure it is original Tiffany as I pay quite a bit of money for it. Please can someone advise 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Authenticity

Hi @kimstevepet, thanks for your post.

Sellers are responsible for making sure the items they are selling are authentic and follow our policy . If you're not 100% sure whether an item is real or fake, you shouldn’t list it on eBay. If there are concerns with the authenticity of the item or we receive such claims, it may be removed by the listing team.

We also have a VeRo  program, that allows Verified rights owners to report listings that infringe on their intellectual rights and if we receive such report, we’ll take an action.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Authenticity

I have bought and seen some items that have slipped through the eBay authenticity net. It's not uncommon 

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: