sudden drop in sales. has search algo changed again

has anyone else had a sudden drop in sales, we have noticed a 75% drop in items sold per day 

has the search algo changed or is ebay search crashed again?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

If your sales have only just dropped off then you are lucky,  my sales dropped off mid year (although they haven't been "normal" for a year or so) and since June or so have been consistently low with the odd flurry every 2-3 weeks where it feels like a switch has been thrown.  I have never had so many gap days - sometimes 3-4 days at a time when nothing sells.  The past few days have been ok though so must have been my time in the limelight.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Noticed a new banner on hub basiclly saying you need to offer free postage to get your items visible (or more??) on search.  So sellers have to pay for promos to get visible, impact sales by combining post into item price thus appearing more expensive to get more visibility.  Little wonder sellers are getting less sales on top of this baulked search and ebay intentionally reducing search results so buyers dont see all items and you need your wits about you to realise. Sadly all the oriental duplicates rarely get censored.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

This seems to be just the way it is now. An odd good day and then days of low or no sales, The search engine is hopeless when searching for an item, Just loads of random stuff comes up often with nothing to do with the item being searched for, I used to take on average between £800 to £1000 GBP a week now I am lucky if it is £300. I have started to list on other sites which are doing well, I do realise that economic times are hard but eBay has not helped itself with all the endless changes ( for change sake ) and really one wonders if it is worth struggling on with the site, I still list but all the endless item specifics and odd  categories make this a really long tedious job now and they do not help as low sales show. Such a shame as this was always a good reliable site to sell on, ( don't get me started on the automatic returns procedure either so many buyers use this to get free returns they are not entitled to, A system so easily abused and is, ) 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

My sales have dropped off for nearly a year now and show no signs of recovery, A few good days and then nothing for days, Hopeless, 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent