scheduled item fees

I cant find info for this query anywhere so hope u can help. Ebay indicates that there are fees for scheduling a listing but then elsewhere it says they are free, can anyone clarify please, Thanks AJ

Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

scheduled item fees

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Can you post links to where you are seeing both these statements?

Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

scheduled item fees

Hi, 

I have been using the scheduler recently and there were no fees for me. There used to be so maybe you are seeing an out of date line of text. 

If you can provide the links as requested in an earlier reply then that might help. 

Business seller with shop subscription here....... incase it makes a difference. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

scheduled item fees

I'll try but not great with tech. Here's a photo from the page where u list
an item. It says a non refundable fee applies
Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

scheduled item fees

I think the line the OP is talking about is in the Pricining section when you create a listing. If you click on the "See Pricing Options" with what looks like an image of sliders next to it you get a drop down menu. It then says the following.

Scheduling

Select the time and date you want your listing to go live (non-refundable fee applies).
Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

scheduled item fees

hi yes thats the one. i sent a pic of this to the other person who replied but not sure it came through

Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

scheduled item fees

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fees-private-sellers?id=4822&st=3&pos=1&qu...

this is where it says they are free but on the page where you list an items it says " non refundable fee applies"  whats that about?

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

scheduled item fees

Scheduling has been free for ages.

Basically if it is free, then nothing to not refund. Ebay do not keep up with their many changes.

Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

scheduled item fees

Cant post a link but this is what im referring to.    Barry.110 below says  "in the Pricining section when you create a listing. If you click on the "See Pricing Options" with what looks like an image of sliders next to it you get a drop down menu. It then says the following.

Scheduling

Select the time and date you want your listing to go live (non-refundable fee applies)."
Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

scheduled item fees

thats what i thought. ive been sellling for years but only just noticed this little note next to the listing and wondered if it was something new they had introduced or id missed.

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

scheduled item fees

I think that bit about non refundable fee for scheduling a listing is if you have used all of your "Up to 1,000 free listings and schedules per month, excludes Motors & Classifieds."

You can see if you are being charged any listing fees by going down the bottom of the listing and just above the blue button that says "List With Displayed Fees" if it says List it for free there are no listing fees to pay. If there are any listing fees to pay there would be a value there, like £2.00 you would be charged if you select the lowest possible reserve price or £2.50 if you use the Gallery Plus, or a cobination of fees.

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

scheduled item fees

Thanks for all the help  and info guys

Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

scheduled item fees

I think private sellers can schedule for free but business sellers have to pay if they use the scheduling feature. 

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

scheduled item fees

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Neither private or business sellers pay an extra fee for scheduling a listing.

eBay's guidance pages for both private and business sellers state that scheduler is free for both.

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

scheduled item fees

I am confident it is free but you can always test it, schedule a listing to start in 3 minutes and then check your fees. 

Thanks

Simon

Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

scheduled item fees

Its a very weird eBay glitch!

First of all sometimes the scheduling is charged.

1   If the duration is other than 7 days.  1,3, 5 and 10 days scheduling is charged.  Business accounts only.

2  If the listing is in two categories, there is a scheduling charge for the second category.  Business and personal accounts.

3  If you list more that your allocation.  On 30 December I listed 300 items start 1 January and the charge shown was over £18.  I had used my allocation of 1500 bin and 600 auction listings, however when the items listed I wasn't charged, as the new monthly allocation had kicked in.   This was a business account, however, I presume the same would happen to a personal account.

But - I have just tried to list an item on a personal account.  There are 1000 free listings on this account and the item is the first I have tried to list this year.  Listing in one account is free and listing in two accounts is 35p,  whether I list for 1,3,5.7 or 10 days.  Usually.

Also seems to be ok on 1, 7 and 10 days, but 3 days and 5 days are showing 35p each - until I keep trying all options, going back and for suddenly 3 days is free, 5 days is free and 1 day is charged, 10 days are charged.  Obviously something odd going on if the charge keeps changing.  Definitely another eBay glitch.

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent