hi, newbi here. how long before my items show up in search ??

Hi, i joined ebay yesterday morning and put a few listings on and it says they are active,

however on searching for them they are not  lol.  Any ideas why.

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

IAs you are a new seller it can take up to 48 hours for an item to appear in searches.

As long as you can see it in active listings, all is well, it's just a waiting game for it to appear in searches.

If you revise the item it will go to the back of the queue to be indexed, best not to revise.

As a new seller have you fully and correctly registered with eBay's Managed Payments?

See here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795 

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

It can take up to 24 hours.

You've currently got one live listing.

It's for avon Tahitian holiday that was listed today at 15.18.

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

thats wierd as just put that one on but the others i did yesterday

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

Thnaks, sure iv done all that.  if its 48 hours maybe thats why, i thought 24  which has now passed, pity they cant tell us that rather than thinking something has gone wrong

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

You have one listing showing items  can appear at different times according to how busy that category is.

Also if you are intending to sell all Brand New items,  you'll need to,  after you have sold a few items,  upgrade to a Business Account.  Enter Business Account in Help & Contact tab to show you how to proceed.

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

Your pink misguided jacket has now appeared.

Sometimes new listings disappear into the ether.

If the items you listed yesterday don't appear soon personally I'd end the listings and relist.

But use the seller similar button not the relist button so it's a brand new listing not the old one that's stuck in limbo.

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

By the way it's against eBay policy to sell used perfumes on eBay like your bond girl perfume.

That's why there's no used category.

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

As mentioned; you need to end your listings for the opened/used perfumes. eBay has a cosmetics policy which states:

"Listings for used cosmetics, sponges, or applicators are not allowed. This includes products such as skin moisturisers, sunscreens, perfumes, lipsticks, fingernail polishes, eye and facial makeup preparations, shampoos, permanent waves, hair colours, toothpastes, and deodorants"

As a new seller you really don't want to get caught out by a policy breach. When eBay dish out a permanent selling restriction they usually mean it's exactly that.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

eBay must be busy putting all new listings on.

I've had a look at your site & seems to be showing you sales now.

Good Luck with sales.

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

As advised, you are not allowed to sell partly used perfumes.  When you list perfumes, you can only choose 'new' or 'new/other', there is no 'used' choice for perfumes.

Ebay defines 'new/other' as 'New other (see details): A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing its original packaging, or the original packaging has been opened or is no longer sealed. The item may be a factory second, or a new and unused item with minor defects.

You are leaving yourself open to returns as those used perfumes are not new and unused.  If a buyer doesn't read the description and opens a return case, you have to supply a label to get the item back and return the full amount you got from the buyer, including the postage they paid you.  Returns are an expensive business.  I wouldn't risk listing used perfumes on a new account.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

The bond girl perfume has already been removed by eBay.

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

This could be removed as well : Avon Herve Leger Femme Perfume 50ml Discontinued and Rare - new other - then saying 'near full' and 'please see amount left in my pic'.

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

10 items showing, lovely photos!  

Might be worthwhile doing some measurements - a size 8 from one manufacturer can be very different from a size 8 from another.  

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent