help with a possible malicious buyer

hi there,

recently got my 1st bad feedback after years selling. The item was sold as working and included a video of it working. buyer paid, and after a week or so left feedback saying not working. He didn't contact me beforehand so that was the first i knew of any problem I've contacted him twice offering a full refund - no reply. anyway today i checked one of my listings and he's the top bidder on another auction ending tonight. i really don't want to sell to this guy so i'd like to know what my options are. There has been no agressive/stroppy messages from me, just silence from him. would like some advice on how best to proceed.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cancel their winning bid then block them; I think that should work.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Cancel their winning bid then block them; I think that should work.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

thanks for the reply. maybe i'm being paranoid but i feel this guy has it in for me - is there any point in contacting ebay and seeing if i can have the feedback removed. it just strikes me as weird as you wouldn't accept a refund to get your money back and then bid on another item of minr

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

@carringtonjohn wrote:

thanks for the reply. maybe i'm being paranoid but i feel this guy has it in for me - is there any point in contacting ebay and seeing if i can have the feedback removed. it just strikes me as weird as you wouldn't accept a refund to get your money back and then bid on another item of mine

Personally I'd say that you should definitely contact eBay and see if you can get the negative feedback removed.  You only get a limited amount of time to do so, so if you haven't done so by the time you read this reply get in touch with eBay Customer Services now and put your case across as to why you feel that the buyer's negative feedback should be removed.  If you don't get in contact with eBay Customer Services quickly enough then you'll be stuck with that negative feedback forever, whereas if you get in contact with them before the cut-off point and the eBay rep you are speaking to agrees that the buyer's feedback ought to be removed then the negative feedback will be removed from your account, as will the associated defect.  If that does indeed turn out to be the end result then nothing that the buyer has done or said will end up having a lasting negative effect on your account.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

have you got a link to contacting an ebay rep? already tried and gone round and round in circles trying find an actual point of contact on the site or should i just do if from the feedback page?

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Here's a link that bypasses the automated assistant during opening hours.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid 

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

thanks for the link. very helpful

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: