eBay break there own rules

Well where do I start,

I have so many things to talk about.

It's all to do with eBay.

I shall start with which I expect maybe some of you would need or have done in the pass had to deal with

On the eBay platform.

Here one for you.

I sold a camera on eBay to a buyer who wanted to return the camera due to the zooming control button on the camera was not working.

Even though the proof of the Panasonic Lumix TZ70 digital camera shown on my YouTube channel was working also showing that the zooming button had no problems in zooming.

The camera was as described as there is a problem with the shutter blades not opening and will need cleaning which is also shown on my YouTube channel.

On the description on eBay buyer's were told on the description to look at the video on my YouTube channel.

I also explain this on the description.

Anyway I had this buyer return this camera back to me. ( Which us seller's have no choice no Matter what the reason is for returning an item back )

I get the camera back knowing full well that the buyer had broken the zooming button on the camera and also replaced the original Lumix usb cable which I sold with the camera to the buyer and gave me an ordinary usb cable in place.

I sent proof and evidence what had happened to eBay.

To get no support whatsoever,even lost the appeal due to eBay members not looking at the evidence of the missing items and a broken camera.

So the buyer got refunded and I had a broken camera and not an original usb cable in place.

So I decided to fix this camera and resale the camera on the eBay platform again.

With a buyer sending me an offer for the camera to which I excepted.

Taking note that the camera has been described on the description with issue's.

Only to know that this buyer wants to return the camera for a full refund due to them not reading the listing.

Even though I have done nothing wrong and have written it as described on the eBay platform.

I still have no choice but to accept the return of this camera once again.

Which this is a process I am currently going through at the moment.

So as you can see.

There is no seller's protection.There is no fairness on the eBay platform.Buyers rule.

My point is even though I have been with eBay for over 12 year's what's the point in have 100% feedback

If buyer's can just get away with it no matter what evidence you have got you will lose.

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

Your description stated

"THIS CAMERA HAS BEEN FULLY TESTED AND IS IN EXCELLENT WORKING ORDER ( SHOWN IN MY PICTURES )"

"UNFORTUNATELY THE SHUTTER BLADES WHEN TURNING THE CAMERA ON GET STUCK DUE TO DIRT UNDER THE BLADES SEE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE "

You should have listed it as " for parts ,not working" and NOT

Used *FULLY TESTED EXCELLENT WORKING ORDER*

Any buyer can now request a cancellation or a return at your expense ,if already sent ,via Ebay's MBG as "not as described".

Ebay's idea of condition is :-

The returns process is fully automated ,no humans look at it at all.

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

Yes maybe your right there

If there is an issue with the shutter blades on the camera.

Which was stated in the listing as used with issues.

But should of been stated as spare and repair

Rather then fully working I can understand your point.

Unfortunately even though it is stated as used I still let my customers know of the issues

They had to face and the camera is working.

Since when is this my fault they don't read the description.

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Sadly your description was inaccurate/misleading - you have to assume that most buyers don't fully read descriptions and/or aren't the full shilling.

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

I appreciate you're message.

I have now corrected the listing

Thank you for your response 

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

Yep, I always list as 'Parts etc....' even when I know something usually works fine enough to get the job done, it's buyers expectations that are sometimes the problem, they're too high mostly, I think the other way as a buyer, that it's going to be worse then it looks/described but usually find I'm pleased it's nicer than I was expecting. Not always, but 90% of the time ; )

I also do not use the trend to say 'Pics are part of the description etc....' as Pics can be deceiving and hide a mulitude of sins, of which 2 of my listings show how easy it is to be 'fooled' onto thinking something looks nicer than it is.

The AI (It's not AI) descriptions are obvious and IMHO don't help and should not be used as far as I'm concerned, it makes some sellers lazy and that's when problems start, as the 'AI' want to paint a nice picture for the buyer, but not always the reality.

A seller is asking for trouble when they say it's fully working, then list faults, as a buyer I stay away from such sellers unless I know them and it's what I'm really after and can fix it myself.

An example: I recently bought two Nikon 3rd Party Teleconverters, both which have a common issue that stops them working as they should, the listings never mentioned the issue, I was expecting them not to work and they didn't, from the common issue ; ) (It's a 10 min easy fix)

I didn't return or moan as it was, what I knew might happen, I personally don't expect some sellers to know how to test gear properly or know about common faults, which on occasion can benefit you as a buyer.  ; )

But that's me....

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

So true, the messages, sometimes I get, asking questions that the answers for are in the description is worrying and makes one wonder about ones own sanity....; )

I had a video of some gear working in one listing and the first message was, do they work! ; )

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

That's because some buyer's do not bother in reading your listing.

Let in know looking at your pictures or videos.

Kind regards 

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

adding to the advice already given -

just read your other thread and regarding breaking rules -

The massive false positives you leave buyers who you are unhappy with is serious feedback abuse and if buyer complains to eBay the comment will be removed and that will damage your account.

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

Yep realized that now

Thank you for your reply 

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

I have already answered your reply

Thank you for answering my recent request

Kind regards 

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

As a buyer for over 12 years my latest experience with eBay was that the buyer has no protection. eBay's rules state that the seller's item description should be correct, however the car part I bought did not fit, although the advert clearly stated that it would. Despite several emails to the seller and eBay, the issue was not resolved. In the end everybody just ignores the individual complaint, even if it is against company policy.

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

You do not "e-mail the seller and eBay" you simply open a "not as described case" within 30 days from the product [you do not use the reason "does not fit"]. It is certainly not ignored provided that you stick with time limits and escalate when needed.

The seller sends you a label to return [at his cost] and refunds in full on return. It is all practically automatic.

If you are still within time you can do that now or if you miss the time limit and used Paypal you have 180 days there. 

@elimaki9 

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

It doesn't matter if they listed it for parts/not working, buyers can still return using item not as described. 

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent