buyer requested cancellation 10 min after purchase an item

Hi there 
as per description a buyer requested to cancel an order 10 min after its been purchase , in his explanation he find a cheaper item and he dont need it anymore , how is this fair on a seller end , now i need to re upload an item and sell it again , personally i am really angry 😡, waste of time if you knew it that you got item cheaper then mine why did you still bid on it , 
any advice, help can i report a buyer 

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

i got an option accept or decline cancelation, and i personally would like to decline, and i know he will not pay i will open an unpaid item case , really stuck in this situation, i know the easiest way would be cancel and

more forwords but want your opinion please 🙏 

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

I think you already answered your own post but if it were me i would go down the unpaid route but you then run the risk of buyer paying and then opening a "free" returns request at your cost via not as described claim.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Good Evening GG

I can fully appreciate your frustration and anger but look at it this way it is better that he told you at this stage rather than buy the item and then request a return and you having to pay for the privilege of having it back. Possibly getting back a damaged item.

You haven't lost anything,only your time.  Don't refuse the request as you will only be storing up trouble for yourself.   Just grin and bear it. 

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Personally I'd do nothing but wait four days so they get an unpaid item strike.

Oh and add them to my blocked list.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

I agree, better to cancel and move on. The buyer could pay if you refuse, get the item and then claim it's damaged, which you would then have to pay return postage. Even if it arrives ok, they could be spiteful and damage it to get back at you, so is it really worth it on a point of principle 😉

I've only ever refused a cancellation once and never heard from them again, they never even left a neg, but it was low value. In the end, it's up to you, but i wouldn't ask for the aggrovation.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Thank you everyone for your opinions and ideas 💡 make sense to accept the cancellation and at least i know an item stays with me in a good condition rather i will post to him and he will send it back an even more faulty item 

thank you everyone 

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Hi, OP and sorry for your circumstance.

There has been some excellent advice on this thread to accept the cancellation - but had to chip in as this happened to me just a little while ago.  

In my case the item was valued at £59 and the buyer had paid. After the cancellation,  I was left positive feedback:

"Had to cancel this order, it was dealt with very quickly and a refund was also sorted out within the hour, great customer service".

No contest, you didn't have the money, and never would have.  Even given the satisfaction of a non-paying bidder strike, it's just not worth the aggravation. As you rightly say, the calcellation makes sense.  Grit your teeth and move on.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

As @brindsey Show the customer the service they want and use it as an opportunity

Let them know its cancelled, Ebay will automatically refund, reassuring them of their funds is processed by Ebay not you and let them know youll be there in the future and you would appreciate their custom. 

They might come back and give you business, it also puts the platform in a good light which is a bonus for all

I had three cancellation in one day last week, nothing you can do about it, sent them all a  nice email, one changed their mind and came back and made a purchase 

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: