Zero feedback buyer despite setting up to stop this?

Hi all, another sale another trip here for advice.

I probably already know the answer, but I'm looking for opinions. 

Ok so, I'm pretty sure I set something up on my account to require buyers have at least 5 feedback or more or something like that. I remember doing it. 

I've just sold an item and the buyer has zero feedback. It's quite rare records. Not overly valuable, but valuable enough. I'd have preferred if my preferences set worked.

What do I do here? Should I refund him or send the item, I was literally about to pack them but noticed zero fb..

What are peoples experiences with zero feedback users? Why would my preferences of needing feedback not have worked here? 

Understand I was a zero feedback not so long ago, but I brought very low value items first to build my buyer fb. 

Cheers again in advance. 

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The 5 feedback limit only applies to buyers that make multiple purchases, it's not a stand alone setting.

There will be members with bad experiences of 0 feedback buyers and members with bad experiences with buyers with many many feedbacks.

If your only issue is the feedback you should treat them like any other buyer.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

There is no provision to block buyers with zero feedback or any amount of feedback for that matter.

All buyers start with zero ,as did i and as did you.

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

I'm pretty sure there is  / was in seller central i remember setting it up to require at least 5 feedback. 

What you say is true, but should I cancel or send to this guy? I'm currently packing with the intention to send. Anyone had bad experiences with zero fb buyers? 

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

You are confused.

I'll lay London to a brick on that the setting you used only applies to those who have purchased from you before. As said there is no way to block on feedback score.

Ship the item.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

The 5 feedback limit only applies to buyers that make multiple purchases, it's not a stand alone setting.

There will be members with bad experiences of 0 feedback buyers and members with bad experiences with buyers with many many feedbacks.

If your only issue is the feedback you should treat them like any other buyer.

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Cheers guys, Yeah I'm sending.

It's packed ready to go.

Feedback must have been for multi buys as stated here. Let's do this ! 

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

There is another way to look at this situation, which is a far more positive outlook.

When dealing with this transaction remember that first impressions last.  For whatever reason, this buyer has chosen you as his/her first choice seller with regards to the first purchase that he/she has decided to commit to on eBay.  Make your best effort to ensure that the sale goes as smoothly as possible - you never know, if you really do create a good first impression with the buyer and you tend to regularly sell the kind of items that your first time buyer is interested in, then you may well end up with a repeat buyer in the future, as well as some positive feedback in relation to the sale.  In that scenario you both win.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Do you know what, this is nicely put.

I hadn't thought of it like that. I've packed them up and have them ready to be shipped for the buyer tomorrow morning. I'm sure my question are getting on everyone's nerves a bit, so apologies. As s new seller I want to make sure I do everything right for the buyer and myself. This is a great way of looking at it. 

Thank you. 

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

my contribution to this comment is that i have had (same as many others on here) had a number of non payments over the past year or two and each one of them has 100% good feedback and on top of that the few returns i have also had 100% feedback.  When i first started buying (several years before selling) i never even thought about buying low value to build up feedback, it was not important to me, i just wanted the item.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Hi

You ask as many questions as you want to and as often as you need to 🙂  If in any doubt at all just ask 🙂

You certainly do not get on my nerves 😁

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

I think in the long long ago this was an option... or I might be misremembering. Either way it isn't now, or ever... depending.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent