Variations - Can't get rid of it

Hi, does anyone know how I can get rid of this problem please?  I would never choose 'variations' and in fact have never seen it before until recently.   Some give me a message to say that 'Variations are unavailable for this listing.  Well, I would never have clicked on having more than one of any item, because that's not the case.  I'm confused and stuck.

Even though I try to revise, it remains.

One to look at is Knaresborough Castle .... sometimes if I key in part of the heading it pops up, but other times it's nowhere to be seen.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Can you post a screenshot of that area with the message about variations here please.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Hi, thank you for trying to help.  I've no idea about a screenshot and I don't have a smart/iphone.  I did try earlier to copy and paste - that was successful, but ebay wouldn't allow me to use it.  So, here is what it says:  Variations are unavailable for this listing.  Eligibility is limited to qualifying item categories, Buy It Now pricing formats and other criteria. 

It's totally bonkers, almost as if there is a glitch in the system.  I have found (a few weeks ago that is), that no one was even viewing.  I decided to key in some of the heading(s) and found that this 'variations' business, that somehow seems to affect it. 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

You don't need a phone to make a screenshot, whatever device you're using should have a feature that enables you to make a screenshot. You can Google the name of your device followed by 'screenshot' and instructions should appear.

However, if it's telling you that variations aren't available for your item and you don't want to set up a variation listing, I'm failing to see a problem here?

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Hello again and thank you.  I agree that it shouldn't, but it does.  I didn't even know it had occurred until I accessed to make some changes and one of the issues I had was trying to change the postage choice.  I shall see what happens when I make some other listings.  Thanks for your help, I shall leave it and see if it happens again.  Kind Regards ..

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent