Trying to sell a fireman's axe

I have had a fireman's axe de-listed 3 times by ebay

Of course they don't explain why

Any advice on getting this type of axe listed?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would forget about listing it. After three times you are lucky your account has not already been shut down. Some things can not be sold on Ebay. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

I would forget about listing it. After three times you are lucky your account has not already been shut down. Some things can not be sold on Ebay. 

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

It will fall under the weapons policy and is not allowed particularly if it has the 'hook/spike on it.

As previously mentioned do not attempt to relist otherwise you will be facing further sanctions from ebay.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Sorry to hear your listing got axed.

You cant sell knives on ebay never mind an axe.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

You're right!

Now they have de-listed a drawknife! And yet I have sold dozens of these before

What to do?

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

I know you can't sell knives but I have sold dozens of axes before

Just look - there are 100s of them listed!

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

I'd remove all listings like that or you will lose your account.

From 22nd April you won't be able to post those with Royal Mail:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: From 22 April 2024 we will be prohibiting ‘Knives or Blades’ defined by s141A Criminal Justice Act 1988 and ‘Bladed Products’ as defined by s41 of Offensive Weapons Act 2019 from the Royal Mail network.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

The Offensive Weapons Act was recently tightened; it is now illegal for anyone to sell just about any bladed item unless the age of the buyer is verified during purchase and delivery. From 22nd April Royal Mail won't allow bladed items to be sent via any service including those that require age verification. Most couriers ban bladed items entirely - many specifically ban "knives and axes" on their standard services.

In short it's almost impossible for anyone to sell a bladed item online legally unless they're performing age verification during purchase and delivery. Have a look at any big DIY store's website - you either can't buy axes, saws, knives etc. via the website or if you can you can only do so with an AV check and can only collect your purchase from the store.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent