Sorry - selling fees again

I can see all the blurb for no selling fees for pre owned clothes but what about new ones? I have wardrobes of clothes mostly still with tags on that I will never wear now (won't fit in them!!). Do I still pay regular fees on these? I don't really understand which listings are free and which aren't

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I may be cynical, but I am struggling to believe that anybody would have over 130 items of brand new swimwear, ranging in size from 8 to XL, in their wardrobe.  I haven't looked at all of your tems (life is too short!) but, picking this one randomly,

Sensational Black & White Twist Bikini Size L BNWT

you have 4 available.

You are denying your buyers their legal right to return items for any reason and are not paying Ebay the fees you owe them.

Hopefully, you are declaring your income from trading to HMRC.

You need to upgrade to a business account with a proper returns policy.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Good Motning DD

Once someone ie you has bought the clothes then they become secondhand.  The ones you mention are obviously unworn but nevertheless 'pre-owned'.  You are overthinking the situation.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

From the blurb

What are pre-owned clothes?

Pre-owned clothes are items you no longer want or need in a variety of conditions, for example an outfit that no longer fits, an unwanted gift, or vintage fashion that needs a new home. These items can be new or used. Selling clothing for free on eBay is a great way to make some extra cash.

You can sell them with the tags on.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

The offer is for private sellers, not business sellers.

No private seller has multiples of the exact same item in different sizes sitting in their wardrobe like you currently have listed, neither HMRC or eBay are going to believe that.

You need to correctly upgrade your account to a business one, it takes a minute and doesn't affect your current live listings. Then you'll be legally compliant (bear in mind that eBay will now be reporting your sales to HMRC).

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

I may be cynical, but I am struggling to believe that anybody would have over 130 items of brand new swimwear, ranging in size from 8 to XL, in their wardrobe.  I haven't looked at all of your tems (life is too short!) but, picking this one randomly,

Sensational Black & White Twist Bikini Size L BNWT

you have 4 available.

You are denying your buyers their legal right to return items for any reason and are not paying Ebay the fees you owe them.

Hopefully, you are declaring your income from trading to HMRC.

You need to upgrade to a business account with a proper returns policy.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent