Selling Download codes for online games

Hi,

hope some can help with a bit of advice

I have a code for a game (skins) to sell and planned to do so, however reading a fair few reports it seems that there's been people who have sold their code to a buyer who has then claimed none receipt etc and claimed the money back whilst using the code!

any advice how best to sell this? Avoiding issues like this

thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

there are very special condition to sell digitally delivered items -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/electronically-delivered-items-poli...

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

You are not allowed to sell downloads on the UK site.

You will see other listings but they will have a postage service as if the seller was going to post a tangible item as there is no category that you can list your code in.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Thank you for the reply. The code is on an actual card that would be posted to the buyer, not sure if that changes things?

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

@stuyb88 wrote:

Thank you for the reply. The code is on an actual card that would be posted to the buyer, not sure if that changes things?

You can do that, but it's a category where you will encounter scammers who'll use the code and then get a full refund, there is no protection for you against this either, the risk would be yours.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

That was my concern, seems best not to use eBay for it. 
Someone suggested u do cash on collection.., seems an idea but not completely sure on that

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

@stuyb88 wrote:

That was my concern, seems best not to use eBay for it. 
Someone suggested u do cash on collection.., seems an idea but not completely sure on that

It'll be the same wherever you sell, whether it's here or Facebook or anywhere else where you accept an electronic payment. Cash is the only payment method that can't be reversed, and it great for collection in person items such as cars and pieces of furniture but I can't see it being useful for you with codes. 

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: