Royal Mail alternative for small letter/large letters?

Hello, everyone,

I use a Royal Mail business account , been with them for a few years  - the money I've paid and trouble I've had with them is getting ridiculous - risng charges , low scan rates or even non existant, no response to claims, damaged goods,  not delivering mail bags, no help from customer service of whatever apart from continuosly imposing random charges.  Anyone else using someone else apart from Royal Mail? Any information or advice  or opinions would be great . Thanks

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

I don't think there is an alternative for you. If you use Evri or Yodel for example, I think you may have issues sending letters and (small sized) large letters as they aren't really geared up for those in the way that Royal Mail are. You will get a higher rate of delivery scans but damage and loss would continue and you will be paying a lot more for their services. On the 100g  items you send Royal Mail prices can't be beaten so the rate of charges and claims against you would have to be really high for the numbers to add up by going elsewhere. 

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

I use Evri for most things. I'd put letters in a jiffy bag tbh but if u use packlink its easy to claim on it. I do deliver for EVRI myself and we do get letters every so often but as tech says its not geared for letters so they get thrown on the packet cages. Means they have a good chance of going missing or falling out the car etc. End o the day postage costs are crippling us all now. I've resorted to trying to find items under 100g.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent