Royal Mail Tracking not updating to ebay.

I'm using an RM business account through click and drop. It's worked fine for nigh on 2 years but now the CRL48 (second class large letter) isn't updating dispatched status or tracking to ebay.

I've tried resetting the ebay integration on click and drop which doesn't seem to do anything.

Parcels are updating fine so it seems limited to CRL48 packages.

Any insights? It's been 2 days and i'm anticipating a surge in customer emails as people start to check on their orders.

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

I have the same issue since Monday.

Last couple of days I have spent around 2 hours updating orders to despatched and adding the correct tracking information.

I think it is a click and drop issue as it started to go wrong when they had an issue on Monday afternoon. 

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi,

We are also having same problems,  ebay not updating.  Has anyone contacted royalmail or ebay?

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

I have two sales in the post, one on ebay, the other on another site and I don't check what ebays tracking says, I use RM Track & Trace.

For both, yesterday and today T&T isn't working at all.  All I'm getting for both reference numbers is "There's a problem.  Please try again later."

So probably there is a problem with RM??

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

I have the same problem since the 1st of December but only yesterday noticed that some tracking did not upload for the last few days so had to add them manually now those that were already delivered showing as "delivered before dispatch" dates.

Another thread with marco@ebay input from yesterday:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/Tracking-number-not-being-updated-on-ebay/m-p/75266...

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi all, we are also having the same problems. Spoke to Royal Mail on Weds the 6th and was told by Click and Drop Techy that the CRL tracking numbers had stopped updating to eBay from Monday the 4th of December. They're aware of the problem and was told that they'd updated servers to allow for this and that all should be good going forward from Weds but come Thurs, still no tracking numbers on eBay. So only work around at the mo it to tick all orders dispatched in eBay and mark as dispatched and then I'm afriad you have to go through all the orders on eBay and add the tracking numbers manually. Again this is only for CRL, the 48 and 24 Tracked are updating to eBay. Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Ha funny thing, it's seems Royal Mail must have been listening as all our orders have now updated the Tracking numbers for CRL on Click and Drop. 

So all seems well.

Merry Christmas all!

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Mine is still not working and i means i have a lot of anxious customers asking when their orders will be sent!

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Ours still isn't working. EBay said to contact Royal Mail. 

At first, RM said it was down to eBay and that we mustn't let them "fob us off" as all information was showing on their systems and 2nd class Mail was shown as delivered.

I explained that when I put the tracking numbers into the RM website, it wasn't even showing as dispatched. Nor was it showing on our eBay sales transactions.

The advisor then went to the RM external website and sure enough, admitted that the information wasn't as up-to-date as it is on their internal system! 

You'd like to think that Royal Mail would be trying to avoid technical glitches given the negative press they've received of late.

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

I suspect, as I am WAITING for my stupid item to register on Royal Mail, it is RM's antiquated system - yet again! If they can't get it right, stop suggesting it can be linked. This has been going on for the years I have been using it; it gets no better! Yet, last time, RM aplogised, and admitted it was them - a public  notification! Sort your systems out RM!

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent