Royal Mail RCN Surcharge

Hi

Looking at my royal mail invoice I have been charged 202 counts of duplicate barcode usage against a docket number which is not in my e-invoicing

From the date it is mentioned I never posted that many packets on that one day nor do I duplicate notes

Does anyone know what RCN means in RCN surcharge?

Any one else had an instance of being wrongly charged? 

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Royal Mail RCN Surcharge

I was just reading the Business Seller board and a recent reply to a thread on there so not sure if that issue is the same as your issue.

Royal Mail saying I cancelled labels and re-used t... - UK eBay Community

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Royal Mail RCN Surcharge

We have the same - RCN Surcharge Duplicate Barcode Usage charge - £10 per item.

No prior notification of a surcharge and the docket number not available in our account.

Feels like the Royal mail have been inspired by the Post Office Horizon issue.

We have had lots of random surchages slotted into our direct debit / invoices over recent months.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Royal Mail RCN Surcharge

Am glad I am not the only one

Waiting on reply from Royal Mail queries

Did you challenge the charge?

Regards

Colin Fawdry
Sales Advisor
Bolton Engineering
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Royal Mail RCN Surcharge

Hi Colin,

We had three last week, and 10 on our latest invoice.

I thought something had gone wrong our, and asked for further information. The 3 are being credited and received the following reply:

'Following an investigation of the charges queried, we have identified an issue which resulted in charges being incorrectly applied to your account for the use duplicate barcodes. We have now resolved the issue and have requested a credit to your account for charges applied in error.'

I will be expecting the 10 to also be credited, and would urge everyone to check their invoices.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Royal Mail RCN Surcharge

Disputed the charge, got a reply this morning - 

'Following an investigation of the charges queried, we have identified an issue which resulted in charges being incorrectly applied to your account for the use duplicate barcodes. We have now resolved the issue and have requested a credit to your account for charges applied in error.'

In the state things are at the moment we find big companies try some random charges to test where they get away with it. Royal Mail have added random surcharges for a few months now - usually need a credit. But it doesnt fix the time it takes for us to check, to raise the dispute and wait for the credit to hit the account. Has a major impact on cashflow.

Switching to the retail click and drop for now and won't be using the account.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent