Rejected from machine at outward MC??

IMG_1809.jpeg

Hi,

I bought an item on eBay on Thursday. It was  accepted at Parcelshop, then accepted at Post Office. Then I looked at the tracking and it says'rejected from machine at outward MC'. Should I be worried? I have never experienced this before. I have contacted the seller, but there has been no response yet.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Hi:-)

No, nothing to worry about at the moment. Sometimes items get rejected if metal etc is detected in a parcel but they usually scan the item and on it goes on it's journey. Judging by the item being rejected, the next time it would have been scanned would probably have been Saturday which was only a half day, so Tuesday will be the next full working day for scans.

If the item doesn't arrive by the time it should, allowing for the Easter Holiday postal delays which there always are, then you should open the appropriate case should your parcel not arrive.

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

I appreciate your quick response! I was a little concerned, I'll keep an eye on it. 

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

May be not enough postage was paid for the size &/or weight of the parcel.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Automatic sorting machinery doesn't like parcels that are in a black wrap, e.g. a bin bag, or where the barcode has been covered by sellotape.  These have to be manually handled and often result in an extra charge to the sender.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

I would say not enough postage.  Happened to me once, it was  .5cm too high.  It was returned to me but I had to pay 3.50 for the privilage.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

If it's a case of not enough postage paid by the seller, you'll get a card through your door asking you to pay the difference before it's delivered. This is a common issue, i've had it a few times, but it usually corrects by next day and items always get delivered. As pointed out, if it doesn't arrive by say 2-3 days after the estimated delivery date, open a claim for not received, but untill then, i wouldn't worry too much 😉

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Thanks for all your replies. There haven't been any updates, it's still the same.

I contacted the seller over the weekend. They said it could be a fault with the scanner and that there should be an update once the bank holidays are over. I don't know what to think. I bought an item for £135.

Should I contact the seller to chase it up?

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

There's nothing he/she can do till after the estimated delivery date comes and goes. Your money is safe, so i wouldn't worry too much 😉 

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

As a sender I've had several Tracked 48 Large Letter items have this tracking update of 'rejected from machine at outward MC'. The items have all then been delivered as normal, and buyers haven't complained about a surcharge so I don't think there was one (I know the Royal Mail sizes well and don't push the limits). So I think this is an internal thing to Royal Mail that doesn't mean anything untoward.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent