Refund to buyer with the item verified and delivered

Hi everyone,

The item was purchased on 1st and sent on 2nd After 3 weeks Royal Mail managed to deliver the item to my buyer , unfortunately the buyer requested refund and eBay decided to refund him .
what should I do now when clearly the tracking number shows the item was delivered?
many thanks

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not sure what i`m looking at or why. You`ve stated your buyer has received a refund for an item that has now been delivered and you obviously want paying again for, but unless Ebay will overturn the refund and give  you the money back themselves, your relying on the honesty of the buyer. Best thing to do, is message them, ask them to pay again and if you can send an invoice and hopefully they pay, but if the don`t, there`s not alot you can do, unless it`s for a good amount and you go to small claims.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

All you can do is message the buyer, state your glad to see the item has finally arrived and could they forward payment again for it. if they have a paypal account and give you the email address to it, you can send an invoice for payment. At this point, your relying on the goodwill of the buyer, but if they don`t pay again, there`s not alot you can do about it.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi ,

thanks for your reply, shouldn't be this issues solved this way better ? 
please see attached the picture 

FA3F838C-02EC-4E8B-8F5B-1D8C7B05C568.png

01AD5712-82C0-4F32-9B2C-4ACED5AEB8C8.png

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Not sure what i`m looking at or why. You`ve stated your buyer has received a refund for an item that has now been delivered and you obviously want paying again for, but unless Ebay will overturn the refund and give  you the money back themselves, your relying on the honesty of the buyer. Best thing to do, is message them, ask them to pay again and if you can send an invoice and hopefully they pay, but if the don`t, there`s not alot you can do, unless it`s for a good amount and you go to small claims.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Thank you , I hope get sorted soon as  because of this issue I received a negative feedback , my seller performance percentage went down because a item wasn't delivered and eBay diceded to give full refund to buyer considering tracking number shows clearly item delivered on 19th  , shouldn't seller protection do something about it  ?? Now I must wait and  relying on buyer honesty ? that is not fair !

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

One thing i would advise, is if you sell anymore at these prices, i would use special next day delivery by 1p.m, whilst Royal mail24 should be exactly that, it`s not guaranteed and just puts you in the situation you`ve just had 🙂

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Katie from eBay told you the decision had been reversed, hasn't it?  If not, we need to get her back, and the feedback should be totally removed too.

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Now I see this wasn't you that Katie replied to, so my post is wrong. 

@retro_football_boots what exactly happened in your case? We need timelines and details before we can advise you, or see whether eBay has made an error.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi Papso22,

The item was bought on the 1st of December, next day on 2nd and sent the item with Royal Mail unfortunately Royal Mail manage to deliver the package very late on 19th December, in the meantime buyer requested refund I believe was around 12 or 13 December eBay accept the buyer request , so I had no choice just to give him the refund, one week later the parcel was sent, the tracking number shows clearly that on 19 was delivered, I contacted the buyer but he didn't reply, 

because of this issues the buyer left a negative feedback, and my seller performance percentage went down 

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi retro football boots, tressygirl back with you here.

You have also been private messaging me about this, I don't mind at all, happy to help,  but I have explained what you need to do now,   and there really isn't any other options than the ones I have outlined in my PM messages.

Hope it's sorted soon.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent