QR CODES & LABELS

Hi to anyone that can help

a buyer has just bought 4 products from me now I intended to ship them as 4 different parcels (new at this) now as I've went to pay for postage label it has given me 1 QR code to ship 4 different parcels. Can I print this code/label multiple times for 4 parcels? Buyer had paid for multiple parcel delivery at £11.76 and it has only charged me £2.94 and no other options to buy anymore postage labels within in the group of products they have bought from me.

many thanks

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

QR CODES & LABELS

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

A bigger issue that you have is that eBay don't allow the sale of used perfumes, and many couriers won't ship it if it's been opened, which is why you were unable to list your perfume as used.

So, your listings state that the perfume is new - if you take a look at condition it says new and in item specifics it says

New other (see details): A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear.

In a search your listings state that your item is new too, see this current auction that you have running:

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 00.18.08.png

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

QR CODES & LABELS

Thank you for your reply. I'll have to get this sorted out as I was totally unaware of this and did not check what you can and can't list in this instance.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

QR CODES & LABELS

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Here's eBay's guidance page for listing perfume, as you can see it must be new:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/perfume-policy?id=4708&st=3&pos=3&q...

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

QR CODES & LABELS

The only courier that legitimately accepts perfumes is the Royal Mail and you have to apply an ID8000 warning label to the parcel.

And it can only be sent via a post office counter not click and collect.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

QR CODES & LABELS

If you are posting the parcels seperately you will need a different bar code for each parcel. 

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

QR CODES & LABELS

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

It's difficult to know how to proceed as a damage limitation exercise here.

I'd end that current auction.

Do you think that your buyer is aware that they're purchasing perfume that has been used? That's the million dollar question here. If they are then it would be an idea to cancel and get a refund for the label that you've bought, and then contact your local Post Office and see if they will accept perfume that's not new and sealed (it does state on their website that perfume 'Must be sent in its original retail packaging').

If you do end up having to cancel these orders it would be good to be able to do it with the buyers agreement.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

QR CODES & LABELS

This is what I'm currently doing with my buyers to of course secure their refund. They knew exactly what they bought and quantity that was in the bottle. I did wonder why it was listed as new and could not select used. Either way I was in the wrong of not understanding eBay and courier policies. Thanks again for helping on this subject.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent