Packlink delivered to a safe place via Yodel, customer claims not received

Packlink delivered to a safe place via Yodel, customer claims not received.

I have given customer screenshots showing status but wondered what else I need to do to ensure no chargeback?

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Officially, you are covered as tracking will show delivery. You could, if you wanted to help with the investigation, open an INR through Packlink and in the notes, say that the tracking has shown delivery but the buyer is disputing this. They should then contact Yodel and ask for the GPS co ordinates which you can send to your buyer. 

If they prove that the parcel was not sent to the correct address or it was left in an unsafe place, you can make a claim although they will ask for the buyer to sign a DOR (denial of receipt) form. 

It's a catch 22 as you don't have to help track it down but you can and it may stop a future chargeback against you.

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

I tried to find a way to get Packlink/Yodel to check but it did not appear straightforward.

Case is open and will wait to ask eBay to step in. Funds on hold, a situation I find unfair as the tracking on which they will adjudicate on clearly shows delivery, so why should they even allow a claim or withhold funds. This is only the second unjustified Not Received case I have had but what should a seller be inconvenienced needlessly in this way ☹️

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Be careful when considering asking Ebay to step in.They are known to just side with the buyer when a seller does that.

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

What other option do I have?

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Already tried the URL given but when I enter the tracking number that was auto filled when I bought the shipping it says it's an invalid format

The number I have is 87RKI*********

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

Go in to your orders from the seller hub - paid and dispatched. Find the order, use the arrow next to the view order details and choose purchase anothe label. Scroll down to Packlink, clickand it will give you the original tracking/order details. At the bottom of the page there will be the tracking number (under postage price) and on the right, there is a contact button. Try this.

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

Got all the way to clicking 'Packlink' and it came up with thw following error

Order not found.

Sorry, an error occurred while loading the page. Please try again.

• If you have several eBay user accounts, try to switch your account and make sure you log in with the correct user account.
  • If you have only one eBay account, please confirm that the eBay item you wish to print postage label for has the following characteristics:
    • Sold and Paid
    • Not dispatched yet
    • Not flagged as local collection only
    • You have not deleted the draft from Bulk shipping
Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

What was the date you sent it? Do you have more than one account? if so, you may need to clear all cookies and sign back in if you have used the other one to buy from packlink recently.

Other option is contact marco@ebay 

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

OK I have managed to get hold of Paclink and Yodel.

I have confirmation of GPS location and a photo of the item on the recipients door step, all of this I have added to the claim and messaged directly to the buyer.

The deadline for the case is today, what are my next steps to avoid losing out?

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

@baz8755 wrote:

OK I have managed to get hold of Paclink and Yodel.

I have confirmation of GPS location and a photo of the item on the recipients door step, all of this I have added to the claim and messaged directly to the buyer.

The deadline for the case is today, what are my next steps to avoid losing out?

If this is the case and you buyer escalates to ask eBay to step in it should be found in your favour, but your buyer may then appeal, and if that fails they can simply get a refund via a chargeback if the photo shows the item left on a doorstep. This does not count as safely delivered. 

No idea why any courier company would claim that leaving a package on a doorstep could be deemed a 'safe place'. 

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

As long as you have uploaded tracking then you will win with eBay, they won't stop a chargeback with the buyers payment provider. During Covid delivery drivers could leave in a safe place right away but that should have stopped when we came out of covid measures but a lot of delivery drivers see it as a way to increase drops offs. You may lose a chargeback

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: