Negative feedback removal declined

I sold an item, buyer claimed they didn't receive it and opened a case. The tracking showed it was delivered, the buyer in their messages called me stupid and said they were going to leave negative feedback. Eventually I won the case but the buyer left negative. I asked ebay to remove feedback as I had won the case but their automatic decision was to let the feedback remain as 'it doesn’t violate any of our feedback policies.'

I just noticed the buyer has left 15 negs out of 25 feedbacks left.

Message 1 of 37
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Currently in relation to feedback Ebay CS are making it up as they go along.  I recently had a run in with them when a seller left me very damming feedback on a green dot.   Ebay CS gave me 3 different responses to the same issue.    I insisted and it was removed.

Unless the rules have changed......IF a seller wins a case then that in itself used to be grounds for removal of unwanted feedback...and you won the case.

You say the buyer threatened to neg you.    IF that was through Ebay messages then insist that Ebay CS read your messages...which they can.      Impress upon them that the negative is malicious and feedback extortion and must be immediately removed.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 37
See Most Recent
36 REPLIES 36

Probably easy for me to say as i don`t have any, but i wouldn`t worry too much over it, they soon disappear down the pages and 9/10 people don`t read feedback anyway. Feedback often says more about them than you, as in your case and you`ve left a polite followup, so nobody will be bothered much 🙂

Message 2 of 37
See Most Recent

You should contact customer support and talk to an actual agent, 8an is best as you are more likely to get through to an agent in Dublin. They will be able to look at the messages you received and remove the feedback as I believe threatening to leave negative feed back is against their policy.

However as you have already left a follow up comment it might not be able to be removed, I'm sure I read on these boards that leaving a follow up comment stops removal being possible, though I could be wrong.

Message 3 of 37
See Most Recent

Hi

Currently in relation to feedback Ebay CS are making it up as they go along.  I recently had a run in with them when a seller left me very damming feedback on a green dot.   Ebay CS gave me 3 different responses to the same issue.    I insisted and it was removed.

Unless the rules have changed......IF a seller wins a case then that in itself used to be grounds for removal of unwanted feedback...and you won the case.

You say the buyer threatened to neg you.    IF that was through Ebay messages then insist that Ebay CS read your messages...which they can.      Impress upon them that the negative is malicious and feedback extortion and must be immediately removed.

Good Luck.

Message 4 of 37
See Most Recent

I went on the ebay help chat and they have removed the negative. Looks like it was because of the message the buyer sent threatening feedback extortion that did it. 

Message 5 of 37
See Most Recent

Well Done !      When contacting Ebay CS there are a few rules

1.     Know Ebays Policy  (if unsure ask on these boards)

2.    Tell the operative how the policy has been broken

3.    Dont waffle and try and keep it clear and simple

4.    Be assertive but not agressive.

Message 6 of 37
See Most Recent

I wish the same rules apllied to the ebay CS 😁

Message 7 of 37
See Most Recent

When on the phone to eBay I always make sure I get in "it's against eBay policy" in the first sentence. Things usually go my way after that.

Message 8 of 37
See Most Recent

Hi can you help me to move negative feedback

Message 9 of 37
See Most Recent

🤔Do your follow up to the feedback left? You can use up 500 letters to vent your displeasure 😡 in your reply, Appart from showing on their feedback it would be near impossible for the buyer to get eBay to remove any follow up left. If not already done then block that buyer.

Message 10 of 37
See Most Recent

The buyer says they cancelled because the shipping cost was 3x higher than advertised. I assume as Spanish is their daily language that they are in Spain and not South America. When I changed the postage to Spain on your listing it gave a postage quote of £78.65 and the price of the item increased from £66.00 to £79.86. Is this what your buyer was asked to pay ? (£78.65 for shipping) ?

Message 11 of 37
See Most Recent

I know this is an old topic but can I tell you my experience?

I sold an item (properly decribed, bought at an auction and used their description, well photographed and carefully packed) and sent it to the buyer in China.

He has left libellous and defamatory negative feedback, calling me a scammer, saying my whole shop was 'low worth handicrafts' (they're not even handicrafts at all), saying my whole shop was worthless, accusing me of charging him £52 for shipping as if I have any control over global shipping costs 🙄, I know they're extortionate but he must have known what the postage would be before he bought. Just very nasty, defamatory remarks about my whole shop on the basis of buying one item.

I asked ebay to remove it and they say they won't because it doesnt violate any policies. I've worked really hard to maintain 100% positive feedback and I am just SO ****ed off that there seems to be nothing at all i can do about it. I know ebay 'policies' are all to protect the buyer but the unfairness of him being able to call me anything he likes, make completely untrue and unjustified accusations, and get away with it is just so annoying.

Message 12 of 37
See Most Recent

Leaving a false positive may cause you more problems.If buyer reports it you would get another defect on your account to add to the one you will already have from the neg.

Check your seller dashboard from your feedback page because you might be at risk of going below standard.If that were to happen it could be difficult to recover from.

As far as the neg is concerned there is nothing you can do if Ebay won't remove it.

You could have asked the buyer to reconsider and sent them a feedback revision request but i doubt if they will play ball now.

See :- https://www.ebay.co.uk/sellercentre/protection/seller-standards

re metrics.

Message 13 of 37
See Most Recent

Thats ebay for ya, dont really care about there sellers.

Message 14 of 37
See Most Recent

You are right regarding it being easy for you to say. 

People work hard so why should they not have a 100% good feedback rating I'd they've done nothing wrong?

Some people could be put off even by 1 neg and if someone doesn't see 100%, many will go to the feedback page and seek out that negative. 

It may have an effect on sales, it may not but it's better to not risk it by leaving a neg there which was unjustified. 

Message 15 of 37
See Most Recent

Same Problem I have faced. Any suggestions 

Message 16 of 37
See Most Recent

Hiya

Hard to advise when i cannot see exactly what your buyer said in feedback and without knowing the circumstances ??

Message 17 of 37
See Most Recent

Impress them that the negative is malicious and feedback is extortion and must be immediately removed.

Message 18 of 37
See Most Recent

I usually read feedback, not because I believe it all (like Tripadvisor) but if there are a lot of complaints the same type then usually it is a good indication to stay away.  Also i like to read any responses the seller makes, if it is just calm and reasoned then that is a good sign, if they go off on a rant like someone on here did recently in their feedback then stay away.

Message 19 of 37
See Most Recent

If you had a tracking number. The buyer won't have a leg to stand on. eBay always sides with sellers who place a tracking number, so if it states delivered. The buyer has no grounds to threaten you with negative feedback. Just report them straight away and eBay will sort it out. They probably got the item and are scamming to get their money back but they will not get a penny from you or eBay. There are some real nasties here on eBay and I am so sorry you had an encounter with one particular buyer.

Message 20 of 37
See Most Recent