Malformed address? "3/5 3 Howdoientermyaddresscorrectly Road"

I've had a purchase from a buyer who has entered their address in the form 3/5 3 Howdoientermyaddresscorrectly Road and I just wanted to know whether that looks right? I've seen the format 3/5 Thislooksalright Park before but I'm wondering whether a) the second 3 is a repetition of the building number or b) there is an unwanted space between 5 and 3 or c) the address is correct as entered.

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have you tried the Royal Mail address checker? Just enter the postcode and see what it comes up with.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Message the buyer ask them to confirm their address . 

I recommend in your message that you first say..... thank you for buying my item from my eBay listing....  so that the little eBay bots don't get confused ,  that you may be asking the address,  for an on off eBay sale !

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

I already sent a message to the buyer including thanking them for their order. I can delay posting about 24 hours but if they haven't responded by then I have to decide between sending to the address as they gave it to me or cancelling as "problem with buyer's address".

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Looks like a "copy & paste" error.

Photobucket

"Take deep breaths, it'll soon be gone"

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

It may be because the buyer is in Scotland. I had similar before Cchristmas. Checked the postcode with Royal mail and it was correct. 

Think it meant it was no 3 of 5 appartments in a building sited at such a number street.

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

That sounds sensible, but I've asked a buyer about her address without any problem from ebay. Same with a seller. As long as the item has already been paid for on eBay, they aren't worried about an offsite sale.

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

That would be 5/3 where it means building 5, flat 3 but the address I received says 5/3 5 which looks like it might be wrong.

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

It seems it could also be flat 5 on the 3rd floor of no 3 something street.

best do as suggested and check with buyer

It could also be it seems flat 5 on the 3rd floor  at 5 something street.

Best do as suggested and check with buyer

Be interesting to know the outcome though

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

OOPs sorry I don't know how to edit here

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Have you tried the Royal Mail address checker? Just enter the postcode and see what it comes up with.

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Yes, it seems the address is correctly formatted judging by the RM postcode finder. Thanks for the suggestion!

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

peturning
Conversationalist

I have noticed very strange things in reported buyers addresses too! Almost random strings, usually alphanumeric and the weirdest thing is that I only see them in the buyer details on eBay, if I go to buy a postage label the address does not have these strange strings.

Also I do not know why but eBay adds a 'TX' to my own address for some reason (as in US state of Texas) despite me not living in the USA and this definitely not being in my address I have set on eBay. This one persists when arranging collection for parcels, the address is all correct except for this addition of Texas and I have no clue where it comes from.

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

The strange codes you mention are eBay 'tracking codes' there was an announcement a while back.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Announcements/Royal-Mail-tracking-and-delivery-events-on-eBay-from-1...

But I can't explain the TX 🙂

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: