Listing removed

Hello

one of my listings has been removed counterfeit policy.Actually it was not a fake item, I was selling a brand item, the brand name was very accurately mentioned in the description and I had put the photo packaging of the item as well.I don't know if it's reported  a seller or buyer but after removingmy listing it, eBay restricted for me three days.i called eBay they didn't agree with me.

Even though my listing was removed a lot of my customers still have waiting for the item. I have sent them already .its on the way and also a lot of customers who bought it in less than a month .so that   listing has been removed are they now able to send returns or leave feedback?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Listing removed

If eBay have removed the listing then when the buyers who have already purchased the item try to locate it in their Purchase History they will more than likely find that they cannot locate the item.  In this case they would not be able to leave feedback for the item, as in order to do so you have to be able to locate the item in question and click on the "Leave Feedback" button.

Regardless of whether the item was a genuine item or a copy I would strongly advise against relisting it for sale on eBay again, as if eBay see the same item being relisted despite them having already pulled the listing once they may well hit you with a far lengthier ban.  If you are really unlucky then you may end up being banned from selling on eBay forever, and if that happens then the ban would apply not only to you, but also to anybody else in your household with an eBay selling account, as they would automatically be banned by association.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Listing removed

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

I think it's most likely that the brand has reported your listing to eBay under the eBay VERO policy. In that instance you cannot win, if you relist the item it will be removed again and you will be banned again. This is independent of whether your items are genuine or not - with the VERO policy individual sellers are assumed to be guilty and have no way to appeal.

Buyers for completed purchases can still open returns if needed/as normal. They can probably also leave feedback as normal.

You will need to sell your remaining stock elsewhere.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Listing removed

The message eBay send about ' counterfeit' items being removed ,  really needs an update to show the true picture of why an item is removed.  It's certainly not clear currently.

High Brand items are protected by the Vero Policy, Verified  Rights Owner Programme. They do not wish for the items to be sold online as there are so many fakes,  and impossible to check what is being listed.

See here , explanation for Vero's rules and policy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-policies/selling-policies/intellectual-property-vero-pr....

As has been explained do not relist those items,  you'd face serious selling restrictions.  You will need to find another platform if you wish to continue selling those brands.

@nihjai_0 

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Listing removed

@nihjai_0 wrote:

Hello

one of my listings has been removed counterfeit policy.Actually it was not a fake item, I was selling a brand item, the brand name was very accurately mentioned in the description and I had put the photo packaging of the item as well.I don't know if it's reported  a seller or buyer but after removingmy listing it, eBay restricted for me three days.i called eBay they didn't agree with me.

Even though my listing was removed a lot of my customers still have waiting for the item. I have sent them already .its on the way and also a lot of customers who bought it in less than a month .so that   listing has been removed are they now able to send returns or leave feedback?

If you've sent out the items that people have purchased from you then there's nothing to worry about there. Yes the 30 day money back guarantee still applies, but that applies to almost all eBay sales.

For the rest of your items, I'd consider looking elsewhere - they're your items and if they are genuine then you have every right to sell them! It's clear that eBay don't want them, in any case!

Personally I think eBay should be more honest with their sellers and give an exact reason as to why a listing may be pulled...

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Listing removed

@nihjai_0 wrote:

one of my listings has been removed counterfeit policy.Actually it was not a fake item, I was selling a brand item, the brand name was very accurately mentioned in the description and I had put the photo packaging of the item as well.

Even though my listing was removed a lot of my customers still have waiting for the item

As mentioned, it sounds like the brand owner (or rather, their representative) issued a VeRO takedown request.

Were you asked to provide invoices for the items by eBay (you probably weren't if it was a private selling account)? Unless you have invoices/receipts from the brand themselves - or one of their official outlets - you have no idea whether the items are genuine or not.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent