Just why as the 3 day auction option gone for vehicles, I am losing trade

Why have they done this, I am losing sales

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Listings can sometimes take 24hrs to go live, which means that sellers would be paying a £14.99 listing fee for a 2 day auction.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Not sure why a 7 day listing as opposed to a 3 day listing, would lose you sales. Surely if someone wants your item urgently, they will make you an offer.

Photobucket

"Take deep breaths, it'll soon be gone"

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Perhaps a better option for you would be to set your future listings up as Buy It Now listings, with the Best Offer option included if you are willing to negotiate on the price.  That way if somebody really wants the item badly enough they'll click on the Buy It Now button and pay the price, or if they're not prepared to pay the full asking price but you've included the Best Offer option on the listing then perhaps they'll make you an offer for the item, at which point you can then consider the buyer's offer and make a decision as to whether to accept the offer, send a counteroffer, or reject the offer made.  It may not work, but if you haven't tried it yet then give it a shot.  You won't know whether or not it will result in more sales for you until you try it out to see how it goes.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

A 3 day auction will just come and go ,any sales depends heavily on time listed which dictates end time ,possible views,possible bids and possible non payers stroke potential HASSLE.

If it were me i would only list a vehicke as a classified ad.

Putting a vehicle to auction often ends in tears.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

@four_mid_able wrote:

A 3 day auction will just come and go ,any sales depends heavily on time listed which dictates end time ,possible views,possible bids and possible non payers stroke potential HASSLE.

If it were me i would only list a vehicke as a classified ad.

Putting a vehicle to auction often ends in tears.

Putting anything to auction often ends in tears.  These days.  Unless your starting price IS the price you want.

Starting/ending time does not matter that much anymore IMO.  Conventional wisdom that most bidders bid on Sunday is rubbish ..which I concluded after years of testing.  Tuesday is the best day for my auctions to end...no idea why, it just is.  All totally random items too.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent