Is multi buy discount across sales ?

I'm dim.. probably because I  had hoped by adding multibuy to my listings buyers would be overjoyed at the chance of a discounted price, and scoop up lots of sales.. but I think... it's only effective if you actually have multiple items in the listing ?  In reality it's only a few that do have.  So of course I should make a listing with all the similar items and do a varied thing a ma jig right? 

TBH i  think I was just being over optimistic and now fully realised my brain is non functional  these days ... hahaha! 

“No person, I think, ever saw a herd of buffalo, of which a few were fat and the great majority lean. No person ever saw a flock of birds, of which two or three were swimming in grease, and the others all skin and bone.”
– Henry George
Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

As a business seller you should be able to create discounts across your listings - but you may need a shop to do it? (It's a while since I was a business and used this fuction!)

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

I believe that multi buy requires you to have multi quantity listings:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sellercentre/grow-your-sales/using-promotions-to-boost-your-sales/multi-buy

But an eBay shop allows you to offer promotional discounts via Promotions Manager:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/selling-tools/promotions-manager?id=4094&st=3&pos=1&query=Promot...

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

@lovelacelinenlife wrote:

I'm dim.. probably because I  had hoped by adding multibuy to my listings buyers would be overjoyed at the chance of a discounted price, and scoop up lots of sales.. but I think... it's only effective if you actually have multiple items in the listing ?

Yes, multi-buy is only useful when you have a listing with multiple (identical) items. It sounds like you want to run an "order discount promotion".

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Go to marketing and you should see a big blue promotion button, click and and select multi buy. You can set it all up there, remember to update it everytime you add new items or they won't be in the promotion. You can set a very long end date and pause it anytime you want

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

As a business seller you should be able to create discounts across your listings - but you may need a shop to do it?

Yes, you do need a shop subscription to create discounts across your listings.  However, eBay does not make it clear that the multi-buy discount applies to multiple listings, so the buyer doesn't know - and doesn't look in the shop to see if there's anything else they need.

I think there used to be a banner on the listing to advertise this, but it disappeared.  When I realised that the multi-buy promotion over several listings was invisible to the buyer, I closed the shop because there was just no point in setting up the promotion because buyers didn't know it existed.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks all, 

I may need a shop again I suppose , not that keen on it, pressure to find £20 + every month... and more listings as well.. I dont know it's worth it. 

“No person, I think, ever saw a herd of buffalo, of which a few were fat and the great majority lean. No person ever saw a flock of birds, of which two or three were swimming in grease, and the others all skin and bone.”
– Henry George
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent