Informed email the air had been resolved and they hadn't and payments still on hold

I sold my iPhone 15 pro Max 31/1/24 through eBay and the payment is on hold which I didn't know about I had received an email today 8/2/24 that this had been resolved and I hope you are pleased with this decision I then found one of their agents what she what sorry that this was misleading and in fact hadn't been resolved at all so why did the send me this email to stress me out further ones are still on hold till the second of March I had to pay a hundred and five pound plot of informed them up team times that have changed bank account it felt like sometimes I'm talking to a brick wall this is so stressful I can't talk

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Informed email the air had been resolved and they hadn't and payments still on hold

You are a returning seller, have you registered fully for eBay's Managed Payments?  See here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

Payments are placed on hold for a security measure both for your account and for your buyer.

You are a returning seller,  that is,  you have returned to sell after a little break,  then sudden selling activity raises red flags to eBay as some dormant accounts can be hijacked,  so eBay wish to see that the genuine seller has returned.

If you have tracking showing delivery,  it will release the money sooner,  as eBay as happy the genuine seller has returned to their account to sell again.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

eBay didn't tell you the truth about the holds - you ARE subject to hold, as per eBay policy 

ALL new, or infrequent sellers are subject to 21 day hold on payments

This link explains why your payments are on hold for 21 days, until the buyer is happy with the items you sold them. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816 

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent