Fraudulent buyers

Sadly I sold a Brother printer and I am 100% certain that this is a fraudulent return. Sadly I do not have the serial number of the printer I sent but I do now know that this person is a stationary / printer dealer business who is registered and has a website in Manchester. Why would he buy a printer on ebay, without the inks as a present when he can almost certainly get one cheaper through his business. I subsequently found that mine was priced high as a company called had this model on offer (presumably they make a profit)  which was cheaper than I sold mine when you take the cost of inks into account. As someone in the trade he could almost certainly beat that deal - if he can't his business will fail. He sells printer inks on his website to so why does allege that he waited for them with my printer. I truly believe that this person had one of these printers which he damaged and he will return that one to me and he knows I can't prove it, which is probably true but we, you and I know it to be true. Monster Office then falsely accuse me of aggression when ebay have taken the money back from my bank account and refunded this fraudulent buyer. I am so very, very angry.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Fraudulent buyers

plum993
Experienced Mentor

So has the buyer opened a return request on ebay, and returned the printer already,or you assuming they will?

If you receive a different printer on return you have the option of reporting the buyer for misusing the MBG process,but would still have to accept a return for item not as described and refund first.

Yes there are fraudulent cases reported on ebay, and ebay do offer the report option when it does.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: