Evri via packlink wrongly charged

After years of no problems i am being charged £3.18 frequently for items well under 1kg with claims they are at least 1240g which is wrong as i have started double checking on checked scales.

Will no longer use Evri as it means i'm selling at a loss.

The trackng number doesn't even work when using the links to question.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

@t131ace wrote:

Will no longer use Evri as it means i'm selling at a loss.

Your problem is with Packlink as that the party you purchased the shipping from. You are Packlink's customer and Packlink are Evri's customer. 

There are plenty of UK registered parcel brokers to choose from like Interparcel, ParcelHero, Parcel Monkey and Parcel2Go to name just a few. The problem with Packlink is they are registered in Spain - that means if they (or the courier) ever completely screwed up and cost you thousands there would be nothing you could do as you would not be able to file a small claim against them.

I've noticed there is a hierarchy when it comes to how couriers handle items. At the top are those who buy directly from the courier or those with direct accounts. The middle ground is the UK registered brokers mentioned above whilst squarely bottom of the pile is anything booked via Packlink. It seems to come down to how much the carrier has been paid to handle the item; as Packlink will have negotiated favourable rates due to sheer volume anything booked via them should be assumed to have a higher than normal chance of developing an issue of some kind. 

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

I had one of these charges recently, directly from Evri. They invoiced me directly to my PayPal (even though i don't have my PayPal account saved with them) by using my email address on account which I thought was clever of them. It was a BS £4.50 charge or something like that, not worth the hassle disputing so I just paid it. 

It happens now and again but it shouldn't be bad enough to change courier. That is unless you have business accounts with a courier (naming no names) where sellers seem to be more at risk of getting large unfair charges on their accounts.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

I've had about 5 of these in the past month. The customer services are as much use as *bleep* on fish. Back to Royal Mail i go. 

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Packlink have a reputation for this happening.  Buy your postage through Evri directly and you should not have trouble. 

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

And it's not a small amount either.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

What I think happens is they end up weighing more than 1 parcel on the machine and yours gets hit with the charge. I haven't personally noticed any increase from Packlink tbh, the only evri one is the one I mentioned before bought directly off their site from maybe 1000 combined parcels, probably 70% of which were via packlink. 

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

I've found this happens when a courier puts a misband claim in. If i send a 200g item and mark it as 100g on packlink (even if it says up to 15kg), i wil get the charge when courier files a misband. If i was to set it at 15kg at the start i wouldnt. Obv they are telling evri the weight u put is the weight it is and its being misbanded.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: