Evri postage confusion

So I have sold an item and when I put the dimensions in it comes up as £4.06 with Evri but if I put the weight lower it comes at £2.94. 

My confusion is that when you check the small print it clearly states on both "Up to 15kg, Max length 120cm, with the sum as 120cm"

I know it's only £1 but I'll likely be selling a few of these so it adds up. As both options say the same weight and dimensions shall I choose the lower option or suck it up and pay the extra quid?

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Evri postage confusion

Yeah this part of eBay is a mess, they haven't adjusted the guidance for each weight band they just show the maximum courier limits. And to also put that within a shoe box size guide is double confusing as that is the Royal Mail small parcel maximum size. 

Generally for 1-2kg you're better off using Royal Mail. Evri 1-2kg is a rip off. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Evri postage confusion

Sum 240 not 120

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Evri postage confusion

£2.94 is the price for parcels up to 1kg. 

The £4.06 cost will likely be for 1-2kg. 

If you are not keen on using eBay postage options, you can always use the Evri website directly or another 3rd party like parcel2go. 

The 240cm limit is the maximum circumference. If you Google calculate the circumference for my parcel you can get a calculator, I use the Parcel Monkey one. It will have to be very large to go over 240cm. 

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Evri postage confusion

Just to correct myself, the maximum parcel size with Evri is 245cm not 240cm. 

You can click on the Packlink legacy tool on the eBay postage page. They are getting rid of it soon but you should find it less confusing to use. 

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Evri postage confusion

Thank you. Yes I believe you are correct about the weight but when you click on the cheaper one they both state up to 15kg and 245cm

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Evri postage confusion

Yeah this part of eBay is a mess, they haven't adjusted the guidance for each weight band they just show the maximum courier limits. And to also put that within a shoe box size guide is double confusing as that is the Royal Mail small parcel maximum size. 

Generally for 1-2kg you're better off using Royal Mail. Evri 1-2kg is a rip off. 

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Evri postage confusion

Thank you 👍🏼

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Evri postage confusion

Select the correct weight / size  for your parcel and ignore the maximums.

If you send a 2Kg parcel having declared it as a 1kg parcel, you will likely get Packlink(eBay) contact you for a surcharge (which also includes an admin fee)

Surcharges are more than the difference in weight band prices so it is best to just specify your correct weight fist time

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Evri postage confusion

Just booked a couple of EVRi parcels.  When selecting "Standard Parcel"  I noticed it said "cover available"   not £20 cover as before.    Does this mean cover is only included if you pay the 60p for a signature / photo.   Anyone checked it ??

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Evri postage confusion

You gotta be careful with Evri through packlink as well. Even tho the price is the same up to 15kg etc, i've found  that if ur item is say 150g and u put the weight down as 100g.....even tho it charges u the same.....u get charged extra later on for it being heavier. I do deliveries for Evri and the postable scandal has been there for years. So it seems that even if you pay £2.94 as a customer, if you put the dimensions and weight wrong they misband it and if the courier files a misband claim u get fined the £3 charge. It's dum but but had it happen several times now.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Evri postage confusion

Tbh i've found price is almost the same. Anything i've sent RM that was cheaper has come back with a surcharge. The problem is the ridiculous limit on width (think its like 2.5cm).  Tbh postage is out of  control now.  I honestly shake my head every day wondering how on earth some sellers on here are making money. Undercutting me on stuff where i was making £1 tops profit.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent