Ebay refuse to remove negative feedback for events out of my control

Ok, so I dispatched a package via Royal Mail 48hr stardard delivery.

Unfortunately, for some reason the buyers choice of collection point refused the package and ultimately Royal Mail then returned it back to me.

Since the collection point refused the package, the post man did not scan the QR code as delivered so Royal Mail tracking page does not show a scan.

Due to the package being returned back to me, the buyer decided to leave a negative feedback.

I have contested this with Ebay on the grounds of events out of my control and even sent them a photo of the returned package which shows the red return label and reason for return (Refused).

Having contacted Royal Mail, they acknowledge that the package entered their network on the correct dispatch date but they will not provide me written confirmation of this since the package was sent via standard 48 hour via my Royal Mail OBA.

Ebay refuse to remove the feedback on the grounds of events out of my control, even thorugh the collection point refused the package and Royal Mail will not provide me with the neccessary information for ebay to be satisfied that it was out of my control (Even though they have seen a photo of the return with returns label)

Any advise would be appreciated please.

Message 1 of 46
See Most Recent
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Ebay refuse to remove negative feedback for events out of my control

eBay not adherering to their seller protection policies is becoming the norm with me now.

I had neutral feedback left recently stating 'wrong item sent'

Basically, the buyer placed 2 orders, 1 order for 3 packs of vitamins and another order for 2 packs of the same product.

They then got in touch with me advising that I sent 5 packs of the same product (which I did because that's what they ordered and which can be seen by eBay)

However, it turns out they only wanted 3 packs of the same product and 2 packs of a different product ( they state in their message to me what other product they thought they had ordered, so eBay can check this)

Despite it being as clear as day and in writing that the buyer made an error, eBay again refuses to remove the feedback and again not confirming to their seller protection policy...odd

Message 41 of 46
See Most Recent

As has been pointed out to you a number of times before, you are relying on a clause in ebay.com's terms. This clause is not present in ebay.co.uk's terms.

There is no valid reason why that feedback comment should be removed. It is both factual and accurate. With feedback well in excess of 50,000, I really can't see why this has got under your skin. Just move on.

You're wasting everyone's time by continuing to press on with your wrong assertion. Wishing something to be so, does not make it so.

Message 42 of 46
See Most Recent

I'm referring to the .co.uk seller protection policy.

The package did arrive and was 'refused' as per Royal Mail's return sticker attached to the package which was dated and initialled by the post person on duty.

eBay really need to review their policies and change them if they are having difficulty or are reluctant in adhering to them.

My confidence in eBay when it comes to protecting sellers against matters outlined in their seller protection policies has dramatically reduced in the last 12 months.

Time wasted on matters which should be resolved especially when the necessary proof has been provided.

Message 43 of 46
See Most Recent

Events outside your control

An item arrived late but tracking shows that you dispatched it on time 

(Item arrived and refused as per Royal Mails return sticker)

We automatically adjust your late delivery rate and remove negative or neutral Feedback when:

• The carrier scan shows you dispatched within your handling time, even if it arrives late.
  • (In my case, Royal Mail provided proof of scan within their internal system and this has been presented to eBay)
Message 44 of 46
See Most Recent

Assuming that is a quote from an ebay UK policy, it means they would remove feedback in the very specific circumstances that the buyer complained something arrived late, but you proved you dispatched on time.

This is not the position with rhe feedback you want removed.  The item didn't arrive at all and the buyer said so.

Message 45 of 46
See Most Recent

No time wasted, especially when I have proof the reason for the return is due to the collection point refusing to accept the package. Persistance has now paid off and it's now been resolved.

Message 46 of 46
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: