Ebay needs to take stronger action against non-paying bidders

On both my private page and the page I run for a charity, I'm now only listing BIN with immediate payment. No more auctions. I get higher prices at auction (and eBay gets higher fees), but it's simply not worth the aggravation.

revenue-wise it would surely make more financial sense for eBay to take the problem of non-paying bidders a little more seriously as not everybody the extra time or the inclination to deal with people who shouldn't be bidding in the first place

Judging by the cursory messages "Don't need it anymore" and "I changed my mind" (that's when you get a message at all) they slearly think this kind of nuisance is ok and know that there will be no effective repercussions.

With seller fees at 20%, sellers deserve better than this.

Message 1 of 41
See Most Recent
40 REPLIES 40

Ebay needs to take stronger action against non-paying bidders

@chris-5643 wrote:

Unfortunately, telling us the system works fine as it is  isn't quite enough. This is probably because recently having had a non-paying bidder win an item,having to then relisting it, having another non-paying bidder win and then having to relist it yet again BIN for less to get it moved (which it did) trumps your assertion that everything is fine as it is. And this is not the first time this exact same senario has happened either I had a succession of non-paying bidders for one item on my page too as well as on the charity's.

What is your percentage of non-paying bidders (per 20 sales, for example)?

I can see the annoyance if you're spending nearly all of your time having to wait 4 days and then to click on the 'buyer didn't pay' button to get a fee credit (this process takes about a minute and clicking on the relist button a couple of seconds, so not exactly time consuming though).

Message 41 of 41
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: