Duplicate Listings appearing in different language's

Has any one been noticing duplicate listing's appearing on their shop in different languages?

Second day in a row and about 300 Plus listings of our products appear on our store in different languages.

Happened the day after the eBay update, spoke to eBay customer service and it is to do with the sell internationally program which we didnt even sign up for.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Just logged in to see if anyone has said anything about this. I also have just realised that's what's happened. My active listings have jumped from 200-odd to over 850?! Am i paying for this? I did receive a random phone call a few weeks ago (which I thought was a scam) porporting to be about this, but the lady wasn't very informative, just told me I was already signed up to it, and then said good bye? Bizzare.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Would me super greatful if you could let me know if you got any further on this 🙂

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Just started happening to me now! Every 2-3 days around 50-70 listings appear in French, German and Italian. I phoned ebay and they said that I must have done it and did I have an account with 'Webbinterpret'?

I've never heard of 'Webbinterpret' and I have done nothing. Something is going seriously wrong here. It is time consuming deleting them, plus when they are deleted they appear in the 'unsold' section so have to be deleted again. This can be tricky as I keep a few listings in this section for listing at a later date so I have to be very careful when deleting them It's just very annoying indeed.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

I havent, it still happens everyday. I dont seem to be getting charged.

Contacted ebay and they said it sounds like i have a translator installed, which we checked and i dont have any outside permissions attached to my account.

They then asked if i had signed up to the eBay sell globally, where you pay a subscription to eBay to sell internationally (we arent apart of this program).  We do sell through eBay's global shipping program.  But they said this was different, i just end the listings when they appear.  Super annoying but eBay seem to be clueless to what is happening.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

They said the same thing to me, i don't have any translator apps attached to my account.

I am in the same boat, everyday duplicate listins appear and it eats up all of my remaining selling allowance.

They just told me to delete them and they assured me i wasnt being charged for them.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

it was some 3rd party thing called webinterpret for me. EBay knew nothing about it and said I had written the posts myself (despite them being in different languages). 🙄 It was actually really easy to get taken off my account and I wasn't charged anything. 

Check out my other post on the topic, everything I did to get rid of it is on there  https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Loads-of-duplicated-listings-in-different-lang... 

hope that helps!

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent