Delivery defects

Hello all.

I send all parcels over 2Kg by Parcelforce 24 & buy my labels from a broker.
The easiest option for me is to drop the parcels off to my local post office as I am there most days & it is very close. When I leave the parcels with them they scan the barcode & give me a receipt.
A couple of weeks ago Parcelforce had some local staffing shortages & didn't bother collecting on two days subsequently my parcels were delayed.
I have since found out that Parcelforce only start the tracking system when they collect from the post office not when they are dropped off. Subsequently I have received two late delivery defects. 
I contacted Ebay through the relevant link but needless to say there is no way of providing proof of postage and so my request was turned down. I spoke to a representative who reported the case but all I got was a polite email directing me to the same link.
So here we are again. Ebay are happy to accept the word of anyone before thier 'trusted' sellers so what to do? Continue to log tracking details& run the risk of loosing my top rated seller status? Not bother adding tracking details & subsequently removing a valuable service available to my customers? It's a difficult choice.
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem & if they had found a way of resolving it.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Delivery defects

The receipt the PO give you is a proof of acceptance eg they have it. However at our local PO we have had similar issues too on occasion. ONe of the PF drivers used to tell us if they didn't show to upgrade the service eg from 48 to 24. This actually worked, if the item was purchased over the counter. However if you buying from a third party broker this isn't possible.

I would think though that tracking on the PF website would show something like parcel accepted? In which case this should be enough once uploaded to prove to ebay that the item was dispatched on time. I do stand to be corrected though.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Delivery defects

Sadly not. That was once the case but it seems to have changes.Probably parcelforce covering thier own backside when collections from rural post offices fail.Sent from my Galaxy
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Delivery defects

When you drop the parcel at the PO do you input the tracking number into eBay straight away

Astronomy is looking up
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Delivery defects

Yes that's what went wrong. Sent from my Galaxy
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent