Creeps on ebay?

Hi all, I just opened a new business account & have this random guy messaging me, He goes on after this telling me "Well you have no feedback and price is quite a bit higher than other sales. Paul" ...& then after me saying i'v had *another* successful buisness account he goes on "Not much success so far. Paul" 

- feels like harrasment 

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 11.31.41.png

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Creeps on ebay?

There's nowt as strange as folk, and most will visit , in some capacity , to eBay.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Creeps on ebay?

Block them and their messages here:

https://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Creeps on ebay?

Thanks, That link doesn't seem to work but I may use that option.

Just seems pretty strange behaviour, ..Guess i'v seen well "overpriced" items before & thought that's OTT, but would never go messaging people about it. 

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Creeps on ebay?

Personally I would strongly advise you to take the advice that Tressygirl has already given you.  If you have more than one eBay account that you use for selling make sure that you add this person's User ID to your Blocked Bidders List on each account that you have.

If you also ensure that the "Don't Allow Blocked Buyers To Contact Me" option is activated then it will prevent any messages from getting through to you from anybody you've added to your Blocked Bidders List.  The best part about this option is that you only have to activate it once and it will stay on forever unless you change your mind at some point and decide to deactivate that option.  As a result of this if you ever need to add anybody else to your Blocked Bidders List you will not have to activate the "Don't Allow Blocked Buyers To Contact Me" option again, as it will already be active.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Creeps on ebay?

@zebra_park wrote:

Thanks, That link doesn't seem to work but I may use that option.

Eeek,  you're right it doesn't.  Soz !

Try this one!  

www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Creeps on ebay?

Thanks, Though don't see those options on the block list page. Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 12.09.51.png

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Creeps on ebay?

Assume it does all at once. 

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Creeps on ebay?

On the correct link I found www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements  scroll down that page you'll see where to tick a box and  blo...

Looks like this:

@zebra_park

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Creeps on ebay?

If you've replied to his messages I doubt he'll get blocked straight away.

But you can report his messages using the report link in the "more actions" menu that should be at the very end of his message if you are using a browser.

If you are on the app the report link is hidden in the three dots in the top right corner of the message.

You can also block them from that menu as well.

It looks like this on a browser.

Screenshot_2024-03-17-12-20-05-365~2.jpeg

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Creeps on ebay?

Super. I knew about the block list but hadn't noted that before. It's done. Thanks guys

...Guess it's pretty sad behaviour really, equivalent to some drunk outside a brick & mortar shop.  I thought of telling him one sold for twice that recently, bet it would really drive him up the wall. & I noted on some completed listing he is/was selling rock bottom prices, but i'm a professional & not doing lowest (nor highest) common denominator. ...Maybe some just do it as a way of feeling good, telling others stuff. 

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Creeps on ebay?

There is only one way to deal with messages like that.

Ignore them.

Delete them.

Block the sender.

If you reply, the sender is likely to message you again and can use the message thread to continue to bother you.

Don't feed the trolls!

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Creeps on ebay?

There's nowt as strange as folk, and most will visit , in some capacity , to eBay.

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent